Isolation

"Margrett I'm so sorry" Vanessa sobs as we walk down the sidewalk. I was too busy cursing under my breath I didn't realize she was standing in front of me.
"Vanessa, I don't have time for this. This is all your fault! And now...my life is at risk" I say while using hand gestures. She stopped at my sudden outburst.
"Your life is always at risk! You should be used to it!"
"I am! But I didn't need another problem!"
"The world is full of problems!"
"And you're not helping with any of them!" I finished before I pushed past her.
"And you better find that briefcase" I say turning to see her staring out to space.
"You hear me!" I shouted trying to get her attention. She looked at me and nodded slowly. I gritted my teeth and started to head home.
I opened the front door and quietly closed it, trying to make sure nobody notices me. The guys were all watching movies, so that kept them distracted. I tiptoed up the stairs to my bedroom. Then when I opened my door I thought to myself, why am I being quiet, I'm pissed. So I decided to slam my bedroom door. It caused my room to shake, and right after that I hear footsteps running up the stairs.
"That's why" I tell myself. A knock on my door thundered through my room. I went and swung it open.
"You okay Margrett?" Tom asks me.
"Just fine" I growl. He embraces me in a hug and rested his chin on my head.
"Wanna talk about it?" He asks me.
"Not really"
"Okay"
"Sorry"
"It's all good" he finished. We break from the hug and I sigh.
"Where's Vanessa? I thought she was coming over for a little bit" he asks. My eyes twitched just hearing her name.
"She has other stuff to do" I tell him. He nods.
"Well I think I'm going to go to bed, so I'll see you tomorrow then" he says. I hug him again and tell him goodnight. When he left, I searched for a briefcase. I emptied my closet and dresser. My desk was torn apart and the stuff under my bed was now scattered across my bedroom floor. I was so busy looking through old papers and looking for any clues, that I didn't notice Edd watching my were move.
"What are you doing?" He asks startling me.
"Really Edd? There's a thing called knocking" I whisper yelled.
"Sorry" he says while walking towards me.
"So...why are you doing?" He asks again. I sigh and set the papers in my hand down.
"Just looking for something" I say.
"What are you looking for?"
"Just something for work" I say not completely lying.
"I hate how you keep secrets from me" he confesses to me. I give him a confused look.
"But it's for your safety" I protest. He sighs.
"I know, but I just don't like it" he says again.
"I'm sorry Edd" I tell him. He just shrugs and looks out my door.
"I think I'm going to go to bed" he tells me. I stood up and gave him a hug.
"Sleep well Edd" I say softly.
"You too sis" he replies. He walks out and closes my door lightly. I cleaned my room and got in my pajamas. I laid in bed and checked my phone. I had tons of messages from Vanessa. I didn't bother to look at them, so I shut off my phone and set it on my nightstand. I finally drifted off to sleep, knowing that my life will probably end sooner that expected.