Chapter 4

T E E G A N

A week and a few coffee dates later, we were finally going out to dinner.

I was still going to pick up Hope and Ambrose from school and drop them off before I went home and got ready for my date.

I had just finished blow drying my hair and straightening my clothes in the mirror when Sebastian arrived. When I opened it he was smiling, "You look handsome." He complemented, pulling a bouquet of colorful flowers out from behind him.

I rolled my eyes at that, but I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips, "Really, you got me flowers?" 

He nodded, "Of course, do you not like them?" 

I laughed lightly at his slightly hurt tone and took the flowers from him, "They are lovely, thank you."

I rummaged through my cabinets before I finally found a vase for the flowers. After filling it with water, I put the vase with the flowers on the coffee table.

"Where are we going for dinner?" I asked as we walked out to his car.

"A really nice place, the restaurant looks over the city and the food is amazing." He smiled, opening the door for me.

Once he was in the car I asked, "I feel like this is something I'm not going to be able to afford."

He chuckled at that, "You thought I was going to let you pay for this? I asked you out on this date, it's only logical that I pay."

I didn't really like that, I never like people buying things for me, even if it was a date.

We talked a little on the way to the restaurant, when we finally got there, the hostess instantly recognized Sebastian and led us to an elevator which took us to the top floor. She sat us by the window so we had the view Sebastian was talking about.

She gave us each a menu and told us to enjoy our meal.

I was so caught up in looking at the expensive decorations and the beautiful view that I almost missed Sebastian talking, "Do you like it?" He asked.

I nodded, smiling, "I don't think I've ever been to a place like this before." 

"I'm glad you like it." He smiled.

We glanced over the menus before we found something we liked, just in time for our waiter to come and ask as he poured us some wine and left two glasses of water.

I took a sip of the wine and smiled, "This is really nice."

"I'll only have the best for you." He winked.

I smiled and shook my head.

"I know we just met, but I'd really like it if you came to my alpha ceremony." He said.

I thought about it for a minute, memories of Jesse becoming alpha resurfacing.

But Sebastian was different. He was so sweet and kind and Hope just loved him even though they had only really talked twice. And I could tell Ambrose and Hope were growing in him, even if they weren't his own pups. I felt like if things went well, over time, he would love them like his own.

"I'd love to go." When I said that Sebastian relaxed and smiled, "When is it again?" I asked, taking a sip of my wine.

"Next Saturday actually."

"Oh wow, is your family in town?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, I'm planning on hiding you away from them for as long as possible." He smiled.