Becoming a Knight

As they got inside, Amy was stunned to see this. She dreamed of being a knight as a kid and now this is what she really wanted.

"So darling, who's this knight?" Blaze asked, glancing at Nebula that is wearing her armor, didn't know that this knight is a girl.

"Oh, that's Sir Bors de Ganis. He's in our team" Amy said.

"I see. It's nice to meet you, Sir Bors" Blaze said.

Sir Bors/Nebula simply shakes hands with Blaze, not saying a word to her.

"No matter, anyway, let's get some armor for you Amos" Blaze suggested.

"Oh, boy. This is what I always want to wear" Amy got excited.

"Can't wait to see you as a knight, Amy" Sir Bors/Nebula said.

"Huh? You're a girl?" Blaze gasped.

"Oh I mean, hope you like to be a knight Amos" Nebula used a fake male voice.

"Blaze, maybe I should explain it to you in private" Silver said to his wife.

Blaze nods.

"Later, but first I show Amos his armor" Blaze said, leading Amy to a workshop.

Once they came in, Blaze showed an armor which was not done yet, but the helmet was done.

"Hmm, I like it. Can you apply red on the helmet?" Amy asked.

"No problem" Blaze nodded.

They started working on the armor. Blaze adjusted the chest armor on Amy and it remained flat because Amy has her chest wrapped in tape. Amy and Blaze then worked on the boots and gloves.

"I've always wanted to be a knight" Amy said.

"Your dream will become true Amos" Blaze joked at Amy's alias.

After an hour, they were very tired.

"Wow, that's some hard work" Amy wiped her forehead.

"Indeed, but we got it finished, Amos" Blaze said.

Amy tried on the armor and put on the helmet.

"So tell me Blaze, how do I look?" Amy asked her. She poses like some war-hero in front of her.

"Wow, you look like a true knight ready to battle" Blaze said.

Amy giggled at that and took off her helmet.

"Now, I'll ask Sonic if he needs his armor to be improved" Amy told her and walks out from the workshop, putting on her helmet.

A while later

Silver told the whole story to his wife about Amy and stuff.

"Whoa, so they ran away because of prince Scourge" Blaze said.

"Yep and now they need our help and Scourge's men are after them now. Sir Bors was one of them. You know he's a girl too?" Silver tells Blaze and then asked her.

"Yup, I heard her voice" Blaze grins.

A little while later, Sonic came out from the workshop with his stolen armor improved. It now glanced and had new details on.

"Dude, I'm good as new now" Sonic snickers. He then decides to practice in swordfight with Amy at the training field.

He saw her sword fighting with her brother.

"Come on sis, show me what you got" Shadow said while training. Amy did some moves with the sword one handed.

"Haha! Kneel knave!" Amy tries to swing her sword on her brother.

He then blocked her sword and after 2 minutes, Amy knocks off his sword and takes it. But he simply smiles at how good she has become already.

"You did well sis" Shadow pats Amy on the shoulder. He then spots Sonic.

"Hey Sonic, wanna practice with Amos?!" Shadow called for Sonic.

"Sure, I won't go hard on her...uh him" Sonic said. Luckily no other knights were close and heard them; otherwise they would message to the king's spies. He walks up to Amy and she gave him his sword.

"Ready to practice, Sonic?" Amy asked him, pulling down her mask on her helmet. Sonic did it too and held up his sword.

"Bet I am, Amos" Sonic said, ready to practice.

"This should be fun" Amy chuckled and battles Sonic in a sword fight.

Sonic swings his sword and Amy countered with her own. They struggled until Sonic sweeps at her but misses. Amy then blocks Sonic's sword when he sweeps it sideway. They keep sword fighting in about 10 minutes. After that, they decide to take a break. They walk to Silver's wagon for private talk.

"That was awesome, Ames" Sonic said.

"Thanks Sonic, mind if I call you Sonikku?" Amy asked him.

"Sure, I don't mind" he replied. He scoots next to her.

"Say Ames, did your mother ever tried to tell your father to understand your feelings before she died?" Sonic wondered.

"Well.....yeah but it didn't work. My dad is always focused on royal duties than spending time with me, my brother, and mother. My brother and I are always been looking after each other while our parents were doing royal things and keeping the kingdom safe as well as the town" Amy explained.

"Oh, My parents loved me so much and I haven't meet them for years when I married Sally, but she turned out to be snobby and unkind" Sonic's expression becomes a frown when he mention Sally.

"I'm so sorry, Sonic. But what really happened after she kicked you out?" Amy asked.

Sonic had no other choice but to tell her.

"She told me to never return after I discovered she slept with Monkey Khan. I ran miles away and tried to find a new home. But I was allowed to stay with Silver and Blaze for the night and I continued to find a new home. But when I came to your town near the castle, I was out of rings; I spend 6 months on the streets. Knuckles gave me some grapes sometimes and I snatched chilidogs for dinner, until the day I rescued you....It feels like I got a new life" Sonic said a bit upset and sad.

"Oh.....Sonikku" Amy nuzzled her head on his chest for comfort.

"I know Amy, I've never had a friend like you who cares very much" Sonic pets her shortened hair/quills.