Antarctica

Genre: general fiction

There was an explorer. He was resting in Alaska. The governor asked him if he could see if Antartica was colder than Alaska. He agreed, and as a reward, he gave him an Alaskan malamute. He smiled and climbed into the plane with the dog and flew all the way to Antartica. When he landed the plane, he heard a sound in the storage compartment. He opened it and gasped as the dog barked at it. It was a girl, an Eskimo girl to be exact. She looked  about ten or nine. She looked up at him eating some ice cream with a smile. He sighed and shook his head with a smile. She was lucky he had enough food for her as well.

They walked for days on end stopping to either eat, sleep, or bathe. One day, the temperature dropped quickly as a blizzard hit them. The explorer had the perfect gear on, and the dog had lots of layers of fur. The girl was only wearing a winter coat; not safe for the below freezing temperatures ahead. They found a cave to wait out the blizzard which took a week. The poor child got sick with a cold with turned into a fever with turned into the flu because he had no medicine for her. He told her to wait until they reached the lab with was only three days away....

Sadly...the girl died the next morning.

The explorer grew to love the little girl as he wept over her body for hours. The malamute nudged his arm and tilted its head to the side telling him to move on. The explorer nodded promising to give her a proper burial when he came back her way. He kept moving forward; he and his dog.