Chapter one: Last Note

Chapter 1: Last Note   

Casey’s POV  

I walked out of the theatre with tears streaming down my face, I just couldn’t bare being there anymore. Everyone was leaving and I just couldn’t process it well. I had to leave. I needed to… until I saw what I saw as I walked out. Harry.    

He looked up and I saw his eyes. They were bloodshot giving me the hint that he’s been crying. What a doof, as if I'm really going to think that he’s been crying, he’s an asshole after all. But stupid me, I was mentally debating whether to go up to him or not.

Things that happened between us were still fresh in my mind. He basically took advantage of me. He used me. I cannot forget that, I shouldn’t forget that. I hated him for what he did and I still do. I hated him this whole year and I will hate him forever. But the thing is he looked so vulnerable right now. I just wanted to hug him. I didn’t want him to leave. It wouldn’t be the same, I think. I don’t know why but I was just standing there for a good five minutes debating with myself, thinking.  

Oh my gosh, no. I have to stop this monstrosity, what am I even thinking. I need to stop thinking like this. I'm not going to go talk to him. I have to leave now. I started walking away, fast.   “Casey!” I heard someone yell my name but I didn’t even bother turning around. It sounded like Harry but it couldn’t be. Never in a million year he would call after me, after I’ve been standing in the lobby staring into nothing.   

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

I was finally out of my gown. I walked around the house looking for my phone. I needed to call my best friend and tell her what just happened.   

When I was about to give up looking for my phone, I heard a ring. Oh my gosh yes! someone is calling me. Now this is an easier way to find where that damn thing is. I finally found it under the couch. I don’t even know how it got there, but it was there.   

Annie was calling. Seems like she knew what I was thinking, that I need to talk to her about something.    “Hey” I say to the phone.

“Casey! How was the last concert? did you cry?” I hear her scream into the phone

“I actually did and it wasn’t as bad. It was just a bit depressing saying goodbye to people”

“uh-huh and then?” 

“Well.. I saw Harry. He was crying too”

“oh my gosh! really?! No way! Sometimes I think he’s gay” I hear Annie scream omg on the phone.

I swear this girl just has way too much energy. I laugh at what she says about him being gay. Of course he’s not gay. He wouldn’t try to get into my pants if he was. My thoughts were interrupted when Annie tried clearing her throat, knowing that I was already spacing out.

“Casey. Tell me what’s up. I know you’ve been wanting to call me and tell me something. Did anything happen at the concert between you and Harry?” Oh dear, she’s about to interrogate me with so much questions. “

No nothing happened” I said calmly.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.” I started to rethink about that answer.Something did happen. Someone called out my name when I was walking away from the theatre but I didn’t know who. It sounded like Harry. “Actually…”

“Aha! I knew it something was up!” I groaned at how loud she’s being. This girl never knew what to stop.

“So what happened?” I hate telling stories actually.

“So after the concert everyone was just crying. I had to walk out into the lobby to collect myself but I saw Harry. I think he was crying then I was just lost in my thoughts for minutes and then I started walking away but someone called after me. I didn’t turn around and look because I just wanted to go home. And now that I think of it. It sounded a lot like Harry who called out my name and I don’t know what to do. I don’t want what happened before to happen again”

“Oh that's tough” That's all she said. Omg why.

“Maybe you like him again” I swear she’s not helping “That’s not helpful at all.” “ Well girly, you just gotta figure this one out yourself. I don’t think I can really help you here. I'm sorry” it alright Ann.  Good night I have to go”  “Alright! See you at school”