A Common Place

The rising sun came slowly the next morning and, as always, Blue was awake to see it color the sky. He slowly drug himself out of bed and towards the bathroom to take a shower. He hadn't slept once again and it wasn't just because his thoughts were plagued by the man from the park. That man was in his thoughts once more as he stood under the shower head hot water running over his scarred body.

Soon he was done and settled in at a cafe not too far from his apartment. Though he did prefer being alone he occasionally liked to come to the cafe to sit and have a coffee. He had taken his usual spot in the back corner booth sipping on a coffee as he read through an old leather bound journal with yellowing pages.

The cafe door bell rang and suddenly there was someone sitting across from Blue. He looked up in surprise to see the culprit. It was none other than Mr. Purple.

"Tell me what you meant." He demanded shortly. "Tell me what you meant when you said I had some kind of magic."

"I-I meant exactly what I said...you have some kind of magic..." Blue answered still a little shocked by his sudden unexpected company.

"That doesn't make any sense at all!" Purple threw his hands up a little in frustration.

"Please calm down Mr..."

"Mason. Just call me Mason."

"Okay...if you'll calm down I'll try to explain." Blue had managed to compose himself a little. He closed his journal and set it to the side. "Even though I'm sure you'll dub me insane."

Mason sighed and slumped back against the cushions of the booth seats. "Explain away."

"I'm a magic user." He said quickly. His hands were folded on the table and his thumbs twiddled and he nervously continued. "And because of that, I can make it to where no one can see me. It's worked all the way up until last night... Because of that in addition to the fact that your aura is far different than anyone else's I came to the conclusion that...you must be a magic user as well."

There was a quiet pause.

"You are crazy." Mason shook his head. "Do you really expect me to believe such a tall tale?"

"No," Blue answers quietly. "But some times the truth can seem outrageous and unbelievable."

"Okay what ever you say Mr crazy." He scoffed.

"My names Enoch..."