Ch.2

About thirty minutes later I heard a knock on the door.

"Anna, Andreas is going to be home with the kids soon. If you would like to come down now so you can help prepare for their arrival and meet them I would very much appreciate it."

"Of course, I'll be down in a second." I jumped out of bed and changed out of my now wrinkled t shirt and gym shorts into a navy blue and white stripped romper. I slipped on a pair of white flip flops and headed out of my room and down the stairs. And headed into the front living room where Mrs. Halvorsen was setting up a welcome home sign.

"They've been in Saratoga Springs visiting his parents for a few days. Normally I would go with him but I've had meeting after meeting with the board of directors about me starting again tomorrow. I'm so happy they're coming home I miss them so much. Oh and if you don't mind I put some cookies in the oven and they should almost be done. If you could take them out and put them on a platter that would be amazing. The cooling rack should be in the drawer beneath the oven and a platter should be one of the cabinets left of the sink. An oven mitt should be the counter otherwise there's a drawer full of them just right of the oven."

"Okay, no problem. If you need anything else just left me know and I'll be happy to do it." With that I walked out of the living room and through the hallway into a large open kitchen and family room. The oven timer still showed two minutes until the cookies would be ready so I pulled the cooling rack out of the drawer and found a platter in the cabinet. Just a few seconds later the oven dinged signaling that the cookies were done. I picked up the oven mitt from the counter and carefully slid the cookies out and placed the pan on the cooling rack. The room was immediately filled with the smell of freshly baked homemade chocolate chip cookies. While they were cooling I took the liberty to clean up the bowls and mixer that Mrs. Halvorsen used to make the dough. Within a few minutes I realized I had nothing to get the cookies off the pan just when I was going to go find her Mrs. Halvorsen walked through the doorway.

"What can I use to get the cookies off the pan?" I asked

"Oh over here, this is where we keep all the odd cooking utensils." she handed me a flat scraper and then noticed the empty sink.

"Oh, Anna, you didn't have to clean up my mess I would have done it. Thank you so much."

"It wasn't a problem I was waiting for them to cool so I just figured I could make myself useful." We both heard the front door slam open. She rushed to the living room to greet her family as I finished putting the cookies on the platter. I walked back through the hallway and into the living room. I placed the cookies on the long coffee table and introduced myself Mr. Halvorsen then the kids.

"Hello sir, I'm Anna."

"Nice to meet you ,Anna, thank you for coming into our home to watch our kids, this really helps us out."

" No problem it's my pleasure." I turned to the kids. I recognized them from the email Mrs. Halvorsen had sent me prior to my arrival. I looked at six year old Colton who was standing next to his father and crouched down.

"Hi, Colton, I'm Anna and were gonna spend the summer together."

"Are we gonna go to the park?" He asked looking at me.

"Of course were gonna go to the park that's what we get to do in the summer right?"

"Right." he said and we then high fived. Then I looked to little three year old Avery who was hiding behind her mom.