Ch.3

"You read to Avery while I take a shower. Then you help her take a bath while I get ready for bed." The little boy informed me.

"Do you guys use two different bathroom?" I asked. I had always shared a bathroom with my brother growing up.

"Ya mine's in my room and hers is in her room." Colton said as he got his PJ's out of his drawer. He then walked out of his room and into the laundry room to get a towel. I was then escorted to his bathroom. It was painted a light green color and had little frog decorations scattered throughout. He turned around, stripped and stepped into the shower. I picked up his clothes and threw them into the hamper in the corner. I looked at Avery who was sitting on her big brothers bed playing with one of his stuffed animals.

"Wanna read a book or play?" I asked the little girl.

"Ummmmmm" she said resting her head on her hand. "I wanna read!" she jumped off the bed and ran into the bathroom. She opened the cabinet under the sink to reveal a small pile of books. She picked up the one on top and ran over to me. Avery grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the toilet.

"Sit." she commanded me so I sat. She climbed up onto my lap and opened the book. She was flipping through the pages pretending that she could actually read. Just a few minutes later Colton called out that he was done. I handed him his towel over the shower rod. Put Avery's book back and walked out.

"Want to show me where your room is?" I asked her. She nodded her head yes and started walking down the hallway I made sure to grab a towel out of the laundry room and then followed her into her room.

"Wow this is such a pretty room." I told her. There was a pink frilly canopy bed in the middle of the room and a book shelf filled with stuffed animals. She went to her drawer and pulled out a pink nightgown. She walked into the bathroom and I followed behind quickly. She put her night gown on the floor next to the sink. She sat on toilet and told me what to do.

" You have to put on the water." I turned the knob on the claw foot tub and held my hand underneath to make sure the temperature was alright.

"My soaps unda da sink." She told me. I opened the cabinet and pulled out a small basket filled with her shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. The tub looked full enough so I shut off the water and helped her get undressed. I threw her clothes over by the door and lifted her into the tub. Her bath was the longest ten minutes of my life. She hates water being poured over head but she loves splashing it all over me. Once I finally rinsed out her conditioner I took her out and got her dressed. Once that was done I walked back to Colton's room with Avery on my hip. He was in the corner playing with one of his trucks.

"Come on, Colton, it's movies time with Mommy and Daddy." He shot up and ran past me to the elevator.

"Are you sure we can go this way?" I hadn't gotten a chance to look at the rules yet and I didn't want to mess up.

"Yes. I like you, I wouldn't want Mommy or Daddy to get mad at you." He told me as he pressed the button. We hopped on the elevator and rode it down to the basement. The elevator dinged and the doors opened into a different part of the basement than where I had been earlier. It was a hallway with two doorways. Looking through the doorways you could see large leather arm chairs. Avery jumped out of my arms running into the room with Colton. Mrs. Halvorsen then appeared in the doorway.

"Thank you, Anna. The schedule for the rest of week is with the list I left for you. Have a goodnight." With that I escaped to my bedroom.