19

"Okay Dallon, now I'm going to need to know, and you can take a minute if you need to. But I'm going to need to know, would you like to drop the chemo treatment now, or go on with the process?" Doctor Judy asked. "No rush, you can discuss it with (y/n) if you'd like." She said with a smile.
"Doctor Judy, may we please have some privacy." You interjected in a nice way.
"Of course. Just press that call button on the wall right there when your ready for me to head back." She said and pointed at a square button on the wall.
"(Y/n), what do I do?" Dallon said weakly. He had tears in his eyes from all of the stress and frustration and the fact that his life is on the line. You sauntered over to him and kissed his tear away. He then gently grabbed your face in his hands and brought your lips to his.
"You can do whatever you want to Dallon. If you don't want to continue this process I won't be mad." You said quietly.
"But if I decline the treatment I will give you up. I will have to leave you." He said, already going from optimistic to pessimistic.
"Dallon, you're not giving me up. You know that." You said. "Are you proud of everything you've done? Are you content with your life? Do you think you've made good choices and righted enough wrongs to not die guilty and angry that you never did enough?" He nodded hastily. "Then deny the treatment. If you feel like you've lived a good life then you'll be okay to leave the treatment behind."
"You're the only reason that I love my life." Dallon said and tears fell from your eyes. This was a really hard thing to choose. If you were to make a pros and cons list, every single thing about both sides would be a con.
"It's a lose-lose situation either way."
You said. "If you decide to continue the process you will live in pain, but if you don't you will die." You said. Dallon took a second to ponder on what you had said.
"I think I've made my decision. He said and you pressed the call button.
•••
"Okay Dallon, what did you decide?" The Doctor asked. He looked at you, for you did not yet know his decision.
"I have decided to decline the treatment and not treat the tumor any further." He said.
"Okay. Are you one hundred percent sure?" The Doctor asked. He looked at you and you nodded.
"Yes ma'am." He said as the nurse turned her attention to the clipboard.