Chapter 1

A few month into school and I'm still the class clown of the entire school. At least it's better than years before! Last class of the day: FREEDOM! I get to class and the teacher starts to teach her lesson of the day but before she can really get into it a loud siren screeches through the building; It's wasn't like any fire alarm! No this alarm was for bomb threats that the school got kind of regularly. (Once when I was in the 7th grade the siren went off but the only thing the pissed off students wanted to get out was to blow up a random bathroom in the upstairs building. Who knows why? They still haven't even found out who did it and why?) 

  The sirens stopped and everyone went back into the school like nothing happened. But getting to class was another story. When I entered the school the dismissal bell rang before I even made it back to class to gather my things. I got to class with everybody following behind; the teacher told us to sit down while she figured out what were we going to do. Teacher put her head in the hallway and saw that everybody was roaming the halls so she told us just to leave. I packed up my things and left to my locker; everything started to get so weird like the students in the hallway didn't know what was about to happen, but it was like I knew what was going to happen next. The air felt like it was being sucked my longues; I could hardly breath! I was tumbling all over the hall but everybody was looking at me like they wanted me to die already, or something else. Stumbling over my feet I finally made it to my locker but when I opened it I found a dead cat dripping blood into my locker. 

When I saw this horrific scene it felt like I got the air back in my longues to let out one last high pitch scream

When I saw this horrific scene it felt like I got the air back in my longues to let out one last high pitch scream. I fell back from the scream but was caught by something or someone; I looked up to see Grace's arms around me "Lauren are you okay?" she asked looking all scared. 

                                                           "I'm fine" I said getting away from her grasp. I went back to my locker ands found a note drowned in blood; I pulled it out from the pool of blood that was forming at the bottom of my locker. Before opening the note I put into my back pocket and saw shadows coming my way, it was the security, vice principle and a few teachers rushing toward me like a stampede. "Are you ok?" A lot of them were asking around me but I didn't know what to say. I just brushed off my pants, grabbed my stuff that was not covered in blood and the note that was in my pocket. And just like that walked away like nothing even happened. Maybe I was in shock of things but I was happy just to leave. I was getting to the exit when someone grabbed my arm and asked "What are you doing? Where are you going?" Grace asked me

         I looked up at her blankly and said "Going home!" 

"Why? Sorry I mean why are you leaving? Aren't you in shock from what just happened!" Grace asked

                                                                                                 "I'm fine! I Just need to go home!" I told grace walked away from her. I don't really know what was going through my mind but it was hard to focus on one thing. But I wanted to get to my safe spot and forget what just happened.