Chapter 14: On the Move

"Morning already?"

Zoro grumbled as he sat up and rubbed his eyes, when all of a sudden, a sudden bump in the road made him flop around. 

"Whoa," he said, stabilizing himself. His face grew serious as he remembered his situation. 

That's right... That was only a dream.. (Y/n) is... She's...

The swordsman looked around. 

Shortly after leaving the forest, he had found himself back in town, in some weird back alley. While he explored the sketchy street, he overheard a voice discussing something that perked his interest. 

"Yes. Yes that's all correct. Just as Rahat-sama says. Uh-huh. Of course. Right away, sir." 

*ka-cha*

The denden mushi clicked. 

Peering around the corner, Zoro watched a cloaked man climb into the front seat of a carriage, and instinctively, he clobbered in after him. He jumped inside the back part of the vehicle as it began moving. 

How he ended up falling asleep in such a dangerous place baffles me too, Reader-chan.

Just as Zoro scratched his scalp, easing his bed-head, the carriage came to a stop. Immediately, the marimo narrowed his eyes and became alert. With one hand on his sword's handle, he listened as footsteps exited the front seat and walked around to the back, where he had previously jumped in. 

The flap that concealed Zoro was pushed away, revealing the innards of the carriage. The cloaked man's face appeared, although his identity was still unknown due to the shades that covered his eyes. 

The vice-captain pounced, kicking the man out of the doorway. Jumping out of the cart, Zoro drew his sword and lunged for the figure, who was struggling to pull something out of his cloak. 

The two sparred for a bit, mostly with Zoro attacking and the other man dodging his blows. The swordsman smirked. 

"You've got some pretty good reflexes there." The cloaked man followed with silence.

Zoro struck again, but this time, the man didn't budge, and the blade pierced right through his shoulder. 

"What??!!!" The swordsman was wide-eyed. "Y-you..."

With nothing more than a smile, the man took Zoro's sword in his hand and pulled it out. The marimo backed and lowered his sword. 

"Well, this should be fun." Zoro scoffed, as he stared at the Devil's fruit eater before him. "Tell me, Logia, what fruit did you eat?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You couldn't swallow the large lump in your throat. 

"Lu-"

Incessant laughter interrupted. Then a harsh kick to the stomach. 

You coughed up blood. The iron tasted like poison, so sputtering, you spat out a mixture of saliva and blood to the side. 

Breathing heavily, you stared at Lurina. Your hair was a sweaty mess, and your bangs stuck in tendrils across your forehead. 

She glared down at you in disgust, her indigo eyes piercing like blades. "What a pitiful sight. I've never seen something so revolting."

"Well look at you," You retorted. 

Looking down at herself, Lurina gestured towards her beat up body with her arms. Her cloak was in shreds and her face covered in dried blood and dark, purple bruises. The remainder of her body was covered by her clothing, but you could tell by the way she moved and her constant leaning on objects that she wasn't in good shape.

"What, this? Hahaha this is nothing. Simply the result from battling it out with your other half."

Your eyes widened. "What?" You peeped softly at first. Then the news made you explode with a burst of energy. "With... no, Ryuu? Ryuu!?? Is he okay???! Ohmygosh... what? What did you do?!?"

Lurina's hair bounced as she laughed at you. "Can't you tell? I was victorious of course."

You were screaming at the top of your lungs now. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM??!?!! RYUU!!!!!!!!!"

The violet haired woman looked at the corner of the room, quickly glancing at the doorway where she had entered. Clamping down on your mouth with her left hand, she slapped your face. "Shut up, girlie. Screaming now won't do you any good. Ryuu is gone," Lurina seethed.

The tears you thought you had run out of began pooling in your reddened eyes, and left streak marks down your dirty cheeks. You were sobbing now, and the lump in your throat throbbed painfully with every heave. 

"RYUUU!!!!" You kept screaming, all the while thrashing in your seat. The rope that harbored you to your seat was digging into your skin, and deepen your cuts from your prior struggles, but you didn't care. All you could think of was your brother.  "YOU BITCH WHAT DID YOU DO!??! RYUU!!! RYUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lurina took a wooden board from a nearby counter. Violently, she grabbed your hair and pulled you up. You whimpered from the discomfort. 

"Now you, (Y/n), didn't listen." She whispered angrily. "Do me a favor and go to sleep." She slammed her plank into the side of your head and you fell limp. 

Hours may have passed. You kept drifting in and out of consciousness. The blow wasn't nearly hard enough to make you pass out completely, which was unusual since you were already so beaten up before. 

It wasn't clear, but at one point, you could make out the man's voice again and Lurina's laughter. 

Somewhere along the line, you got knocked out for a few minutes, and didn't notice when someone untied your ropes and dragged you across the floor. 

When you regained your bearing, you felt prickly grass under your face. You were laying on your stomach, and struggled to push yourself up. After dabbing your right hand on the location of Lurina's blow, you found fresh blood sticking to your palm. You grimaced and stood, leaning against a tree for support. 

You were extremely dizzy, and with every step you took, you felt your self ready to collapse. Without any knowledge of where you were, or where you were going, you limped off into the forest. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you so so much for reading, and I hope to see you all soon. 

~Kawaii-kun