Chapter 7: Suspicion

Ryuu, Chopper, and you all sluggishly boarded the Sunny. Uncomfortable silence accompanied the quiet sounds of water lapping against the ship's outline. Wondering why Zoro wasn't protecting the ship well enough, you quietly split from the two boys and crept up to the crow's nest.

You cracked open the surprisingly quiet door and peered in. And of course, there was the moss head sprawled across the floor against his dismantled weights. A snot bubble grew and shrank as he breathed, and made you wrinkle up your nose in disgust.

After shuffling towards his disoriented form, you bent down to study his face. So peaceful. If only life had such luxury.

You chuckled silently to yourself as Zoro rolled over and face planted with the ground. The action had no effect on the sleeping swordsman, as he continued groaning out snores. A subconscious smile began to plaster itself onto your exhausted face.

Seeing Zoro's carefree slumber calmed your thoughts of Lurina. The Koro Koro fruit had the ability to give you an almost photographic memory, but since you never really payed attention to anything, it still took you a while to make thoughts resurface. Clearly, that was.

Exhaling a long needed sigh of relief, you sat down next to the sleeping beauty. Boy, were you drained from the long, pain filled day. You were just waiting for the others to come back from town anyways... maybe a little nap... wouldn't hurt...

————————————————————————————————————-

4 Years Earlier

It had been at least a month since you ate what you discovered to be a legendary Devil's fruit. The Koro Koro fruit, the book Ryuu showed you referred to it as, gave you an immense amount of power; a power you both loved and hated.

One the good side, it allowed you to read other people's minds. However, since you were still getting used to this new ability, you hadn't been able to read but a snipet of every person's brain.

For example, the bit you saw from Ryuu's mind was that he was deeply in love with the alluring Lurina. Madly. You had to admit, Ryuu was a mastermind and brainiac, but controlling and hiding his emotions, not one of his major strong points. But, you had to hand it to him, even you couldn't tell his true feelings in this case. Maybe he just didn't know it yet himself.

On the bad side, it let you know what others were truly thinking, like disgusting thoughts from a dirty pervert, or what a "friend" really thinks of you. You were still learning how to interpret and control these new abilities in your body.

One day, when you were casually strolling through town to do some errands with Ryuu and Lurina, something flickered in the corner of your eye. You turned around to look, but when saw nothing, brushed it off.

After that, you kept noticing little "appearances" from strange people. A shady figure staring at you from an alley way. A rustling in the bushes. A weird look from a businessman sipping tea from a nearby shop. The scuffling of fleeing feet against pavement as you curiously glared back at them.