*3*

Mariam's pov

I wake up and sneak out into the crowded hallway. I make my way to the back of the school and walk behind the building. I've almost made it to the parking lot when someone grabs my wrist from behind.

I turn around and see about half of the football team staring at me.

"Aye guys look, it's the mute",the one that grabbed my arms I see say.

I rip my hand away from him and start walking again. I don't get far before he rips my back by my back pack. He slams me against the brick building and pulls my hair so I'm facing him.

"You think you can disrespect me like that?",I see him say.

I don't answer and he grabs my shoulders and throws me on the ground. I start to get back up but he kicks me back down. He lifts his hand up and I cover my face, waiting for the smack.

I see all of them turn around, looking like they heard something.

"Yo Hayes, come to help?",I thought it would be someone coming to help me. Now I'm just going to get it worse. I uncover my face a little bit to see what's happening.

I see hayes walk up to the guy that was about to hit me, and punches him square in the face.

"Dude what the fuck!?!",the other players mouths move.

"What did she ever do to you?! Nothing, just leave her alone before I beat all your asses!!",I see hayes say to them.

They all scatter as I remain on the ground. I shake from the pain and fear mixed. I flinch when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you",I look into his eyes and see him staring at me like a wounded animal.

He hesitantly holds his hand out for me. I slowly take it and he wraps his arms around me, helping me up. He picks up my back pack after me and slings it over his shoulder.

We start to walk and after a few minutes we both realize I can barely stand up. He gives up and puts both straps of my back pack on his back and lifts me up, holding me bridal style.

"This might be awkward",he smiles as I slightly smile.

"I'm sorry this happened",I read his lips as we walk to the front of the school.

I shake my head signaling it's not his fault. He hoist me up a little bit so I don't fall.

"Do you have a ride home?",he asks me.

I shake my head no and he smiles.

"Then I guess you stuck with me for a while",he smiles as we make our way to his car.

-----
Are there any guys on here that want to be my guy best friend??