3

Aria

"Hey Amber, how was school?" I asked, sitting down on the couch. Amber, was my younger sister, even though she was 16 she was always like a baby to me.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but school was great." a wide grin appeared on her face, "Guess what."

"Just tell me."

"Alright, there were rumors going around that Zach likes me!" She squealed, clasping her hands together.

"Calm down. They're just rumors, and if he actually does, you shouldn't be dating right now."

"Like I'm gonna ask dating advice from you," she chuckled, "may I remind you, you're 21 and single."

I rolled my eyes and ignored her, "Anyways, since dads been at the hospital for a while now-" I got interrupted once my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller, it was Mrs.Wang. Hopefully she doesn't ask me to work the night shift again.

"Hello, Aria. I have to tell you something." Her voice spoke in a worry.

"Okay, what is it?" I said unsure, not knowing if I actually want to hear this.

"I'm sorry. But you're fired."

My mouth dropped, "What?! Why? I really need this job-"

"I know and I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure you can find another job because you deserve much more than what I give you."

"No! I'm fine with what you're giving me!" I claimed, practically yelling into the phone.

"I'm sorry, Aria. Goodbye." She hung up.

"What?!" I groaned and leaned back, "Why did this have to happen now.."

"What's wrong?" Amber asked, turning her attention towards me.

"I just got fired!"

A small gasp escaped her lips, "Oh no. Well do you have any other job offers?"

I slowly nodded, thinking about the job offer Mr.Dolan gave me yesterday. I grabbed my phone and quickly typed in the name, Grayson Dolan, only to see many articles, pictures, and numbers at different locations. I looked at the address of a building that was the closest to where I am- luckily it's only 15 minutes away.

"Amber, stay here. I'll be back." I told her, grabbing my bag and heading out the door.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this, but I have no choice.

---

I arrived at the huge building in front of me and quickly went inside. There were many people sitting down, others quickly rushing somewhere, and a lot were behind desks.

I went up to the closest desk, only to see a middle-aged woman, with her face caked, wearing an outfit no lady should be wearing.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

"Uhm, I'm here to see Mr.Bailey..?" I looked at the signs and walls that had his name plastered around.

"Outside he's known for his middle name but here we either call him Sir or by his last name." She informed, "and, do you have a meeting scheduled?"