"High Hopes" Review

Title: High Hopes;  Author: LLCoolJames

I'm sorry that there was such a long wait for this review, but I was extremely busy this week with the start of school and everything. 

I have to tell you that I'm not sugar-coating at all when I say that I loved this story. Last night I physically had to remove myself from my screen so that I could finish my Psychology project as I was reading. 

Your plot is interesting and fun. Usually I'm not a big fan of flashbacks, but in this case I absolutely adore the idea because of how well it fits into your story. 

Right away your song quotes and music videos that started each chapter caught my eye. Along with showing your great taste in music, they each held a meaning that correlated with the events that were happening in the chapter. 

Your descriptions and character depth were awesome, and I felt like I was actually living in Delaney's life because of how well you described it. Your figures of speech, especially the part about trying to shove together puzzle pieces that don't fit together, made your events feel even deeper and sent shivers up my spine as I read it. I absolutely adore Beckett, and I do wish that I knew more about him, but I guess (hope) that more information will be coming up in the next few chapters.

Now I'm no grammar genie, but I didn't really find many errors at all throughout your entire story. When I did find errors, I found them mostly towards the end of the book. The only spelling error that really stuck out to me was when you talked about "Principle" Berry because the correct spelling for the word principle in this case is principal. 

Again, I absolutely loved this book and even though you just updated, I'm super excited for the next chapters.

So long,
~Charlie