Returning Home

-Dipper 's pov-

-Dipper 's pov-

Mabel and I were sitting on our almost all too familiar bus seat making our way to Gravity Falls. Waddles, the pig Mabel won at the Mystery fair, couldn't come with us this time. The forest seemed to pass by in a blur and before I knew it the water tower was in sight. This had to be the longest time Mabel and I went without talking, she had been distant the last few months, hell, maybe the whole year. I been so caught up with school that I didn't find out about Mabel's mental state until she had a full fledged breakdown in the middle of class. I felt like in a way, I failed as a brother, I should have been able to sense her unstableness, I'm her twin for crying out loud. She hadn't been herself, and I just ignored it. I decided to break the silence. "This will be our last trip to Gravity Falls, next time we come, we'll be adults, in college. It felt like only yesterday that we were twelve, trying to figure out the world."  Silence. The bus stopped and we exited off the bus.

Mabel didn't say anything back to me which made me feel worse. My sister started to fumble with her jumper sleeves. She still wore those pastel-ish rainbow-y colored sweaters. This time it was just a violet sweater with the phrase Vegan for waddles  in rainbow colors stitched onto it.(She's not actually vegan, she's a vegetarian, did you really expect Mabel to give up ice cream?) "Hey Robby, looks who's back!" A girl  said smiling pulling us both into a hug . She had that ember red hair I had missed so much. She was wearing a red flannel and black skinny jeans, typical for her, luckily she looked good in almost anything. She also was wearing his pine tree hat I had given her, I'd nearly forgotten about it. I togged on the blue beanie Mabel made for me a while back, relived that the girl standing in front of Mabel and I was, in fact, Wendy Corduroy. I'm proud to say that I got over her, after some snogging in high school, the past almost seems like a memory, Almost. A tall figure with black hair walked over to Wendy.Robbie. He'd changed. He wasn't that one emo kid anymore. He'd grown up, he was honestly almost unrecognizable. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt, no seriously, an actual white t-shirt, which was quite alarming at first. He had a grey hoodie on. He scanned us, looking us up and down. I didn't blame him, it had been a while since we came back."Whoa the mystery twins are back again." 

We went to the diner to catch up on the all the years we've missed, we were finally home. The only difference was Mabel actual spoke, if I didn't know any better, I'd say she was perfectly fine. She was so excited and happy, happier then she had been since we left Gravity Falls, almost like nothing ever happened. The only problem was that it did happen.

 I still have nightmares every now and then. I could almost hear his voice and faint laughter. If not for all those distractions at home, I would have gone mad. Apparently Wendy and Robbie were dating again, and Soos was still running the shop. After about an hour, we came to unpacked. It was exactly the same as before. Before I got a chance to  start unpacking Mable spoke up.