So We Meet Again

I wrote the previous piece over a year ago in November, thinking this is it: this is where we end the violence and regain the faith in humanity. But no, that indeed hasn't happened.

   Just a few months ago, a 22 year old singer, Christina Grimmie, was murdered, chasing her dreams performing at a show in Orlando. After the show, she went out to meet some of her fans, warming each and every one of them with a hug and a smile. She opened her arms for a man to give him a hug, not even expecting that he held a gun in his hands, and as they collided, he shot her in the stomach right as Christina let go of hugging him. Christina's brother tackled the man, and he shot himself in the fight, killing the murder. Christina however, was taken to the hospital that night with #prayforchristina trending......

   The next morning, the trending hashtag was #ripchristina. She died. The same exact day, a shooting occurred in a gay night club also in Orlando, known as the biggest mass murder in American history. Since then, countless more acts of violence have occurred. And who knows, you could be reading this today, you could be reading this in 2078, but regardless, people died, and unless we do something about it, this will continue happening. If you told this to me in the past, I would've assumed that gun violence would've stopped by now, but reality has hit me like a brick wall: it won't.

   But that doesn't matter; we cannot change the past. But to you, the person I'm talking to, that has a brain, and a voice, and a heart and a soul, I believe it is your responsibility to make the world a better place. it's up to you to end this, and whatever you do, do it to its fullest potential. Fight will your all, and make gun violence history. I hope I don't add another part to this story, so see you on the flip side. Make me proud.........stay strong Orlando.