Chapter 14

Angie

It took awhile before Grace came to the hospital, and I had the most perfect comebacks ever ready. Grace walked in and we were both alone.

"Ok I'm not gonna act weak and beg for yer fuckin' mercy." I spat.

"Good. Then things'll go very smoothly. And I would like to tell yer somethin' that ye deserve to know. I wonder why I didn't tell yer in the first place." Grace sneered.

"Well what is it?" I snapped, challenging the vindictive blonde.

"The only reason why they adopted ya is 'cause they needed somethin' or in yer case someone to boost their reputation as clean cut boys, not boys who know their way 'round the town." She said.

A ton of bricks hit my chest. It had suddenly made it hard to breathe. Grace wasn't lying. I could feel it.

"No no it can't be." I lied to myself.

"I thought if yer knew, it would be better." Grace said.

"I've best be goin'. I have a calculus test in 20 minutes." Grace got up and walked to the door.

"And sorry 'bout the leg." She said and left.

The boys flooded the room and I stared at them with watering eyes.

"Elvis is here. He's in the waitin' room." George said.

"What's wrong princess?" John asked.

"Don't call me that." I seethed.

"What's wrong Annie?" Paul asked, surprised.

"Don't call me Ang, Love, Princess, or fuckin' Annie!" I snapped.

" 'ey! Don't ye dare speak to us that way young lady!" Ringo reprimanded me.

"Oh really? I think I'm perfectly fine. Actually I'll do whatever the fuck I want. Once I'm outta 'ere I'm goin' back." I retorted.

Their faces were plastered with surprise.

"Angie I don't know what yer sayin' 'ere." George crossed his arms.

"Oh 'to save an innocent child's life!' Bullshit." I snapped.

Their mouths hung open.

"Wh-who told ye?" George asked.

"Oh a little birdie told me. I'm quite grateful actually. Now I know the real Beatles." I said.

"Angie I- we-" Paul started.

"Stuff it McCartney. Don't even dare say it was Brian's bloody idea. God bless his soul. Smoke a fat doobie at a party and manage to get caught. Fuckin' bonkers! Gets all over the press! And what do you lot do? Lug a fuckin' 12 year old into your bullshit!" I screamed.

"Angie! We didn't adopt you to polish our reputation, we adopted you because we fell in love with you at first sight. We have loved you since the getgo! Angie, I swear to God we never meant for you to find out about our plan in the first place. We were goin' to tell you when you were ready to hear it." George begged me.

"When? Christ! I wish someone else adopted me. 'Cause they would've with good intentions. Not to remind the public they were still stars." White hot tears streaked my cheeks as I argued valiantly, instantly regretting what I had said.

The pain was evident in their eyes and body language, but I was in too much overwhelming pain to acknowledge their suffering.

"We love you with all of our hearts, love." Ringo said pleadingly, but I turned my cheek to him.

"Well I don't. I should've known better." I choked out, placing a hand over my mouth to prevent from sobs spilling out.

"You lot were my idols, once upon a time! But what are you to me now?" I shouted, removing my hand to gesture at the ashamed Beatles.

My pain was unimaginable- to be apart of a family that never had even wanted you in the first place was unforgivable. They stole my chance to be adopted by a family who truthfully wanted me.

All four of them all got down on their knees and came up to me in my bed, but I recoiled away from them.

"Princess we never meant to hurt you like this- ever." John cooed.

"Then why am I always the one ending up in the hospital 'cause of you?" I rasped, closing my eyes to blink away burning tears.

"Get out of my goddamn face. I don't want to talk to you ever again."

I then remember the necklace on my neck from my 13th birthday. I held my hand on the chain, but I couldn't bring myself to rip it off.

"Leave." I cried.

"Please Annie we love you-"

"Get out."