There's a Badger In My House

The next morning, I got up, got ready to face the day, and got smacked in the head with a couple realizations:

1. I didn't have any nightmares about badgers.

2. The badger that had been in my yard was not a badger anymore. He was human.

3. That badger-human was downstairs in the guest bedroom.

With that, I sighed and made my way downstairs, only to find Des sitting in the kitchen on the floor, staring at the fridge. "Uh... Good morning, Des." I said, watching him.

He startled and turned to face me, still sitting on the floor. "Hi. Is there any way I could have something to eat? Or do humans just normally feel this hungry?"

"Uh, sure. How long have you been sitting on the floor?"

"Five days, I don't know. Maybe three hours." he said, looking up at me, not blinking. I noticed he had the deepest, earthy brown eyes, and the glint he had in them was always challenging, as if daring someone to cross him. I didn't realize I'd gotten lost in them until Des piped up with, "I'm hungry."

"Oh. Right. What do you want to eat?"

"Got any worms around here?"

I blinked, a bit grossed out. "No. I have fruit, cereal, or I could make you pancakes?"

Des sighed. "Alright. What'cha got?"

After breakfast, Des sat down on the couch in the living room. I joined him, sitting in the chair opposite. I mean, what do you do with a badger that's now in your house? It was at least simple enough last night that we just went to bed, and then breakfast first thing this morning, but now what?

"How are you feeling?" I asked lamely.

Des studied me with his deep brown eyes. "It's weird. I'm not entirely convinced you don't hate me. I'm not a badger, exactly, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now."

"Well, I don't hate you. It was a misplaced dislike." I said, proceeding to explain about the nightmares. "I really don't hate you. And I'm really sorry. What can I do to make you feel better?"

Des looked away, blushing. He seemed a bit fidgety. "W-well... would you hug me if I asked?"

"U-uh, sure." I said, blushing and standing from my chair.

He looked a bit surprised, but stood and shyly approached me, placing his arms around me hesitantly.

I placed my arms loosely around his waist, not exactly sure whether I was doing what he wanted. All I knew at that moment was that he was now my friend, and he was not leaving my house without me until I'd found a good home for him.

A/N: What do you think? Should this just be a two-part story? Or should I elaborate? I want to hear what you guys think!

- TheLeft-HandedWriter