Prologue

Sometimes, saving the world, is way too much work. I say this because I can read minds, and the government is forcing me to work in all of its branches. I broke the world record for youngest person to work in the government, at the age of 12. I am now 15, and let me just tell you, this job is the most, tiring, difficult, scary, and extremely obnoxious job anyone could ever have. But because I am in every branch, I have seen some of the stupidest cases that have ever decided to show their faces, along with some of the scariest.

               Like, one time, I was told to go help some people that were trying to stop an insane man from releasing an army of rabid Chimpanzees. Yeah. Ridiculous. I know. But then you remember that a woman had her face ripped off by a chimpanzee, so I guess that one makes sense. Then there are the scariest ones. I've had to talk to serial killers that would remove people's appendages one by one, eat said appendages in front of them, kill their victims by drowning them, then wear their organs on themselves, and then take a picture. I had to talk to them while they were in the same room, held back by nothing more than a pair of handcuffs on the table and floor. And let me just tell you, being able to delve inside their minds, it's horrifying. I don't even want to tell you how many different ways this man was imagining me dying by his hands. From what I've seen in my tiny 3 years of working in the government, this world sucks a lot.

                  Before we move on, I should probably tell you who I am. I don't know if I want to tell you my name, but I have been named by the government '#1003'. Anybody with only a number and no letters, is the highest rank you can be within this place. I have to always wear my hair up and have a mask on that hides my eyes, and everything else on my face. It can get annoying sometimes, but it is for my protection and even within the government, there can be traitors, so I have to keep my identity hidden. That's why I also wear a body suit to hide my nationality and any identifying factors on my body.

                  As I got home, I showed my ID to the guards at my door, and went in. Another security precaution. The guards in my house performed a search on me and then around my house again, and then I was allowed to take off my mask along with the body mask. I had on a comic tee shirt, and a pair of jeans and black flats they made me wear at the office. The guards took my mask and shirt, and went to burn them, to destroy any of my DNA. Another security precaution. And if you ask me, it is so tedious, just to be able to go the bathroom. I mean come on, I'm dying here, let me take a piss already. But of course, if I say that out loud, they will take the "I'm dying here" part way too literally and repeat the whole process over again, only making my need worse. So I learned to not say thing like that around them.

                   I went to the bathroom, and took a shower. My back was full of knots, and no one was authorized to touch me unless it was for searches or safety concerns, so that was always in pain, but this is a nice way to wind down from having to hear about a group planning on painting a mountain bright red. I got out, brushed my hair, they searched me and the room again, and let me be. I went upstairs to my room, and got into comfortable clothes that were a dark grey. I crawled into my bed, and shut out the light, falling asleep with a thought prominently repeating itself within my mind.

Saving this world, was too much.

o2�?2_h