Chapter 6

Erza Scarlet 

First there was dead silence, followed by utter confusion and ended with an outburst of insults directed towards the entire council.

"You probably would have lost it! Levy would never lie to any of us." Joy shouted.

"Yeah, or it got burned in one of the explosions!"

The other remarks were less friendly.

Even I felt anger bubble in my chest. Levy was one of my best friends after all, I entrusted her with almost everything. From my secrets to my life story, there was almost nothing she didn't know. How could anyone suspect her of something so... unLevy.

But then the worst settled in, nestling in my brain, doubt. I started to doubt my friend, finding some things rather vague. Levy never seemed the person to be down about anything, she was determined and passionate, so why did she never go into specifics when talking about where she was from?

Besides, why hadn't her family ever visited her? In the winter they surely had nothing to actually harvest.

Question after question popped up in my head, making me feel like an awful person. How could I doubt her. But then again, why shouldn't I?

Two others remained silent with me, a rathe r in thought Master, contemplating the verdict, and a silent collected Gajeel, strangely calm about this whole affair. 

"Hold up! I wasn't done yet!" Mest yelled, trying to drown out everyone around him.

"We suspect that Levy and her family never got written down into the council's system as they live in a small village. It often happens with those, people forget to do it or never actually stop by. I- We  haven't jumped to the worst scenario just yet! There must be a plausible explanation for this."

Both Master and Gajeel looked unconvinced whilst the others seemed satisfied with the answer. So was I, I knew  that it would have been the first thing that Levy would do. She always was on top of her paperwork.

"Right, we will visit the Shrimp and sort it out. I find it fishy, she'd have given herself up to the council. I don't like bringing the bad news but I think somethin else might be goin on." Gajeel exclaimed, crossing his bufy arms. 

I nodded in agreement, "if we want the truth, we should talk to Levy. After all she holds the answers. Rumors will not cut it."

"Then it's settled, Tatania, Bunny girl, Salamander, Popsicle, Juvia and Wendy are coming with me. Lilly?" The small exceed nodded, seemingly deep in thought. I knew he was fond of Levy, even letting her carry him around.

I tried my hardest to ignore the worry that flowed through my veins, remembering the young girl when she first appeared in front of our guild.

It was a beautiful afternoon, I had taken a break from fighting the furious Mira and the idiotic whining of Natsu and Gray. Deep in thought, I glanced into the far distance, my mind wondering about the happenings of the past yet again.

"H-hello?" a small voice inquired forcing me to turn around. Her  blue hair was a mess, parts of it cut uneven, some locks long, some short. Her clothes were torn, cuts visible on her bare skin. Two brown eyes were filled to the brim with tears.

"Hello." I greeted her back, before she collapsed onto the ground. Quickly I  grabbed her, pulling her into my lap. Silent sob made her shoulders shake.

"Don't worry you're safe now." I wasn't sure why I said it. "I'll protect you."

From that moment on I took care of her, bringing her onto jobs when no one would. Shortly afterwards she joined Jet and Droy, claiming she was too much of a burden. I never knew why she showed up in such a bad state. All  I knew was that no one would do that ever again.

Except Gajeel of course, who now had changed into the complete opposite. His shoulders were tense and the small fangs were showing as his mouth was set into a permanent scowl, all worried about the small bluenette.

It was obvious that he liked her. He should just man up and tell her.

Though, that was the least of our problems right now. Levy McGarden, the young exhausted girl who showed up on that faithful day to grow into one of my closest friends, perhaps even the sister I never had, had been hiding something.

Maybe Levy McGarden wasn't here, or never had been, but I'd bring her back. I would bring my sister back.

"Let's start with asking around about that village." I said, turning around and stalked out of the guild. 

A few moments later we were stumbling around the market, passing several stands. Most knew about the mysterious village, claiming that their fruits and vegetables were the best in the country by far. 

Suspiciously enough, no one knew where it was.

"Hey look it's Sabertooth!" Natsu yelled, getting all fired up, ready to pounce on Sting.

"Hey guys! How are you?" Sting said, walking up to our group with Rogue, Yukino and Minerva hot on his heels.

"Have you heard of the village Raitoningu by  any chance?" I asked, cutting to the chase. 

Rogue cleared his throat uncomfortably, whilst Minerva seemed to glow with happiness. 

"Yes actually! One of our friends, Kasumi, comes from there. She always runs the stand. I've known her for quite a while now." Minerva answered.

"Ya will bring us there now, no time to waste." Gajeel growled, glaring at every single one of them.

"Yeah Rogue will show you the way. He is always the gentleman accompanying her to the foot of the mountain." Sting said, a mischievous grin playing on his lips.

"Great." 

Without another word Gajeel grabbed the shadow dragon slayer by the hem of his coat and dragged him towards the outskirts of the city. He didn't even wait for us.

Yeah, he had it bad...

---------------

Okay hear me out. I know it is quite uneventful but c'mon it is so fucking long. I poured my mind in it! And to my defense, shit is about to go doooowwwnnn.

Also in my mind Erza treats Levy like a little sister, can you just imagine how adorable it is????!!!

I hope u won't mind Kasumi too much and her afflictions with Rogue. See, I am not really a fan of RoKa, as the haven't even really met, and I do somewhat like with Minerva but when this story idea hit me she still was a complete bitch. But if you guys hate it very much I will remove it and pair him up with either one. It's up to you!

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPPY U WILL LUFF MEH. I HOPE. 

Furthermore, this will be the bazillioned time that I thank @NerdBookwormFandom for the sweet comments and votes, ur soooo awesomeemememe!!! 

I shall write on tonight and hopefully publish something soonnnn.

PEACE OUT