Chapter 3: Unexpected

[Y/n]'s P.O.V.

I sat quietly in my classroom and looked at Naruto who was beside me, 'he is awfully quiet today, it isn't like him. He will usually be continuing on and on about what happened yesterday or what happened this morning.' I was a little worried, he is totally out of character today. Iruka walked in and cleared his throat.

"We will now start the final exam, when your name is called please proceed to the testing room. The final test will be on... the clone jutsu." Immediately after he announced it, I was at ease but Naruto was in a different situation. He had his hands on his face frowning.

I think that isn't his best technique, "Are you alright?" I asked. Naruto quickly shakes his head and his hands did the same.

"Yeah I'm fine, no need to worry. Who do you think I am? I'm Naruto Uzumaki, the next Hokage!" He reassured me and I guess I can't really say anything about that. I watched as my classmates slowly walked in one at a time as I waited patiently for my turn.

~~Time Skip~~

"[L/n] [Y/n]," one of the teachers announced and I stood up. I wasn't nervous at all. I walked in and performed the jutsu with ease. Iruka-Sensei congratulated me and handed me my headband. I wrapped it around [anywhere you want to]. I left the room and a teacher followed me out. When I walked out the room the teacher called out Naruto's name. He walked in and took a deep breath. He looked persistent but also scared. I hope he passes but I heard this is his fourth time testing. The odds are against him. After a while, Naruto walked out. I smiled but soon my smile turned into a frown. He didn't have a ninja headband which means he didn't pass the exam. Naruto sat in the corner alone, I wanted to walk over to him but I couldn't. He wasn't in the mood. Everyone left after they were done and parents crowded outside the academy to hear the good news.

I pushed out the crowd to hear a few parents say, "that's the boy, I heard he's the only person that didn't pass," the parents pointed at Naruto who was by himself in the corner. The woman didn't finish her sentence and was shush by the other woman who she was talking to. I walked towards Naruto but he wasn't in the mood so he left home. I couldn't do anything, I left now and sighed thinking how my best friend can't be with me and accomplishing missions. It was like a few days ago when we were talking about how cool it would have been if we were in the same squad. I signed and left home.

" Hi sis, " Konohamaru said as he congratulated me for becoming a ninja. Night came by fast and as usual, grandpa Hokage isn't home yet. I decided to go to sleep and hope for tomorrow.

~~Time Skip Due To Your Snoring at Night~~

The sound of the alarm awoken me. I dragged myself off bed and left for school. Today was the day we are assigned squads. I sat in class awaiting for the teacher to come and from behind me I saw Naruto come in. He had his ninja headband and as he walked in, everyone was surprised and they had little whispers. One of Sasuke's fangirls, Sakura walked up to judge him. I wanted to ask too but I found it more interesting to watch Naruto argue with Sasuke.

"Psk, hey come over here." I turned around to give my attention to the person that called me. I was surprised, the person that called me was Shikamaru. I wasn't very close with him and we haven't really spoke too. I stood up and walked to him ignoring the drama happening beside me. He offered me to sit beside him and I sat down. There was an awkward silence between us for a while until I decided to break the silence.

"Soo..." Shikamaru opened one of his eyes to looked at me. I asked him why he asked me to sit here but he just sat there. There was awkward but then he answered.

"You aren't as annoying as the other girls." He calmly replied as he closed his eyes once again. I rethought what he said again then blushed. Then a loud continuous scream happened. I stood up but still wasn't tall enough to see. 'Why do I have to be so short!' I mentally complained. I made my way through the crowd to see the thing I wasn't hoping to see. It was a sight I will never forget, the image makes me laugh every time I see it. Naruto and Sasuke we're kissing and I watched as all the girls beat up Naruto. The guy that pushed Naruto into kissing Sasuke acted innocently as the other girls complain and wanted Sasuke's first kiss. I tried to keep in my laughter since I didn't want to be in the mess and the center of attention after how I got more than half of the girl population in this academy to hate me.

Shikamaru's P.O.V.

It was silent, I opened one of my eyes to see [Y/n] get up and walked towards the crowd. 'It's probably some more drama,' I thought to myself. Taking a peek at [Y/n] before closing my eyes and continue my nap. A picture of [Y/n] giggling popped up in my head, 'it is kind of weird but it was relaxing to watch,' not knowing what I just thought.

[Y/n]'s P.O.V.

I watched as the smoke disappears from the girls beating Naruto, there were bumps all over his head. When all the girls left I walked towards Naruto but at this time Iruka-Sensei walked in. I walked back as I watched the other students took their seats, I sat down in the closest empty seat away from Shikamaru, forgetting what he said before.