3: He's Japanese!

A truck barreled down the highway, going well over the speed limit, precious cargo hidden in the back.

Cargo that could, allegedly, kill a vast amount of people, all with the press of a single button.

The radio crackled into an unwanted life. "Transport spotted! They're heading west on the toll road! The tuck is being driven by Eleven terrorists! Stop them at all costs!"

The red-haired male sitting passenger-side growled as he smacked the dashboard. "I'm not an Eleven. I'm Japanese, dammit!"

He turned to the slim girl who was eyeing the road with deadly determination. "Drive faster, woman!"

"Do you want to get out of this alive?"

"Preferably, yes!" But if that's not an option...then we have to at least get the cargo of this truck back to the resistance!

But the last part was only in his head. Neither of them wanted to face the possibility just yet that this would be their last run. They'd go down in short-term history as mere terrorists, all that remained of the country once known as "Japan" and now left with only a number to brand them.

"Then shut up and let me drive!" the girl shouted, her right foot already pressed to the floor, the gas pedal trapped beneath.

"Fine," the redhead growled.

As they accelerated, a motorcycle came into view directly in front of them.

"Get out of the way!" the redhead shouted, but the driver had no choice. She swerved onto a closed exit even as her partner yelled, "Don't go that way!"

"What other choice did I have?" she yelled back just before the truck crashed against a building.

***

Lelouch motioned for Rivalz to stop the motorcycle.

"What's going on?" Rivalz asked, flipping her goggles up so they perched just above the line of her forehead. "That wasn't my fault, was it?" She looked vaguely worried, but desensitization of society limited her concern. It wasn't Rivalz's fault; it was merely the culture that Britannia had encouraged and cultivated.

"I don't believe so," Lelouch responded, but she rose from her seat nevertheless and stood near the rail that overlooked the exit the truck had taken.

"Someone should help," a bystander said uncertainly, and her statement was echoed in vague undertones by the small crowd that was gathering.

But none of you will help, will you? Of course not. You wouldn't even be saying those things if the truck was full of Elevens or Honorary Britannians, you hypocritical fools.

For a moment, Lelouch was content to stand among the useless, but then she found herself jogging towards the truck.

"HEY! WAIT UP! LELOUCH! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Rivalz yelled after her best friend, but the strand of dark hair disappeared as Lelouch wove her way through the crowd and jogged down the exit ramp.

***

"Hello? Anybody in here? If you can hear me, say something," Lelouch called out as she approached the truck, knocking on the side before she spotted a ladder. Maybe they're caught inside? She climbed up the ladder, still calling out. "Hello? Anybody-"

Just then, the driver jammed the shift in reverse and thrust her foot down on the gas. With a small shout, Lelouch tumbled into the cargo portion of the truck.

"Ow," she muttered, rubbing her back. So someone's alive in the driver's seat? But how do I get to them? I'm stuck in a different part of the truck...Wait, what's that? Her eyes were drawn to the half-spherical container in the truck. Huh? What are they really transporting?

"Kallen! There's a nightmare frame on our tail! Can you take care of it?" a female voice called out from the front. The driver.

"Hell yeah, I can!" Male. Passenger? "Give me a sec!" A boy with red hair ran past Lelouch, who was crouched in the shadows. A few seconds later, a loud thud echoed, and the truck moved faster. Did they unload something? But I'm in the cargo bay...Hang on, a nightmare frame is chasing them? But...the only nightmares that would be chasing them would be from the Britannian military, which means...

This truck is being driven by terrorists!