Is that you...?

Requested by @FlameofPhoenix06

F/O = Favorite Outfit
H/C = Hair Colour
F/S = Fav shop/store
Y/N= Your Name

Your POV

It was a normal day for you, to begin with. You got changed to your (F/O). Brushed your (H/C) mane. But, as soon as you stepped outside, you had this creepy feeling of someone watching you. No matter what direction you looked, you couldn't see anyone. Not one soul. That was weird, considering your neighborhood is usually busy.

You just brushed it off, continuing through your day. You decided to go to the library to look for a new book.

On the way there, you paused to look at a poster. It's an old picture of Overwatch, Gabriel Reyes right here. It's such a shame he died, he was so good to you.

You, Gabe, and Jack were best friends all through high school. They both wanted you to join Overwatch with them, but you backed out. Overwatch seemed too dangerous.

You also had a crush on Gabriel. He was really hot, with his muscles and all. You sigh, shaking your head. He's dead now, and Jack is too. It's time to move on.

You turn to leave, but a man stands in front of you, inches from your face. You gasp, scared. The man is wearing a white mask, ebony clothes. His hollow, black eyes seem to stare in your soul. Something tells you he seems familiar. Maybe it's how he's standing. Maybe it's the way he looks at you.

Oh, right. His name is Reaper, he created Blackwatch. You've heard rumors of Reaper and Blackwatch, you just never thought much of them.

You get knocked out shortly, the last words you hear are

"I'm sorry..."

*

You wake up on the floor in a cell-like room. The door made of metal is the only thing non-cement.

"Hello!?" You call out, standing to your feet. No one responds. The feeling of someone watching you still hangs in the air.

You decide to look around, avoiding a certain dark corner. Although, something draws you to that corner. You stare at it for a good minute, wondering why it stands out to you.

"Don't try anything, Y/N," A voice calls. You whip around, thinking it's coming from behind you. You begin to slowly back up. You soon bump into someone. You yelp, startled, and fall to the ground.

"Who are you!?" You ask, the figure staying in its dark corner. Whatever it is, it hesitates, you can hear its heavy breath echoing in your ears.

He finally steps out. His ebony clothes, owl-like mask, and overall edgy appearance tells you he's Reaper; the supposedly-terrifying man who consumes the souls of his victims. But, for some reason, you're not afraid. Something about him reminds you of someone....

"We need information from you, Y/N. Tell me about anything you know about Overwatch, now..." The man demands. You don't respond, looking into the hollow eyes of his mask. By now, you're swearing on your life you know him, somehow. You feel like it's Gabriel Reyes, but you're not too sure.

"Who are you...?" You ask, more calm now, "I know you, somehow... but, the person I think you are is dead... You know, I loved him, he loved me...He just made a wrong decision.... I know you destroy souls, but, please, can you help me bring him back?"

You're practically begging by now, on the verge of tears. Gabriel, he was your boyfriend. You loved each other so much. When he joined Overwatch, you got scared of getting hurt too much if, well, when he dies. You feel you made the right move, dumping him after a fight just before his first day as an Overwatch soldier. You were right, anyways. He died, and you were, and still are, fazed by it.

Reaper stands above you, seeming to be staring into your soul. He quickly takes a few steps, stopping just in front of you to crouch down to your level. It looks like he's going to hurt you, so you curl up into a ball in defense.

After a few moments of nothing happening, you peek over your shoulder to see the masked man in front of you.

You take this motion as an invitation to take off his mask. You start off by shakily pulling back his hood. He doesn't flinch. His black, ruffled hair reminds you so much of Gabriel...

You place a hand on his mask, taking a deep breath before pulling it off.

Scared, you look up at his face.

Gabriel, you think.

"Gabey!!!" You squeal, jumping on him to hug him. He hesitantly hugs you back while you take him in.

"When I heard your plea, I couldn't just stand there. I'm sorry, Y/N if I hurt you..." He mutters into your ear.

Once you are content with the length of your hug, Gabriel helps you stand up.

He surprises you, his lips on yours. The kiss is short, but cherished by you both.

"I love you, Y/N," Gabe says. You smile, telling him you love him back.

You soon joined him and Talon. With you by his side, he was more powerful. He taught you how to use your powers, even when you thought you had none.

You soon became known as Grim, the woman version of Reaper.

And you wouldn't want it any other way.