Chapter 4

"Hello?" I answer, pressing the phone against my ear.

"Hey, Aimee. It's me, Justin. Be at my house at seven," he says hesitantly.

It's a Friday night and I had gotten out of detention three hours ago. I'm kinda nervous to hang out with Justin on like, a date. Dates have never been the case. It's always fuck and go.

"Sure thing," I say, smiling like an idiot even though he can't see me.

"Alright, see you then."

"I can't wait." My eyes grow wide, and I hang up the phone. "Shit," I squeal and throw my phone across the room. I can't believe I had told him I was excited. I haven't been excited for a date in a long time. Who am I to fool? I've never been on a date!

I pace back and forth and then walk into my closet. I look at all my clothes and sigh. I don't have anything that isn't sexy. I dress in short things all the time and I don't know what to do. I walk out of my closet and grab my phone from where I threw it. I pick it up and try finding a girl friend that isn't...I dont know, "Slutty".

Sarah. She was once my partner for a math assignment that we had to do together or what I made her do on her own. Sarah is also one of the smartest girls in school so we got the best grade that anyone could've possibly gotten. I dial her number and sigh as it's ringing.

"Hello?" she says into the phone.

I speak. "Hey Sarah, it's me, Aimee. We worked on the math assignment together."

"Oh hey. What do you need?" she asks.

"Well, I'm going on a date with Justin- Justin Bieber. You know that new kid? He's my neighbor, and we kind of hit it off," I say slowly, thinking of the right words to say.

She gasps dramatically. "Don't tell me that Aimee Johnson, the school sweetheart, is going on a date with a guy!?"

I laugh. "Shut up! But he told me not to dress 'sexy' and I don't know what the meaning of that is anymore. Can you come shopping with me?" I ask her.

She hesitantly says, "Sure, I'll be over."

"Really? Thanks so much!" I say into the phone.

"Sure, no problem, see you in ten."

I go into my closet and grab a crop top and skinny jeans. I put them on and put my hair in a bun. Grabbing my phone and shoving it into my back pocket, I make my way downstairs to my shoes and purse. I sit on the couch and wait for Sarah to come.

-

"So I definitely think you should wear this. You look plain beautiful," Sarah says, pointing to a black dress. It isn't tight fitting and not too short.

I smile. "Yes! It's perfect!" I say, grabbing it and then linking up arms with Sarah. "Lets go pay! And then you can come over and help me get ready."

She smiles and walks with me.

After paying for the dress and getting Starbucks, Sarah and I are on our way to the car in the echoing parking lot. "I can't thank you enough for helping me, Sarah." I strap on my seatbelt.

"Oh, it's no problem. I wasn't doing anything either." She nods her head to the side and I smile.

"Wait," I turn to Sarah who is as pale as a ghost "What's the catch?" I cross my arms and raise a brow at her.

"Well, umm, there is this one thing..." She looks down and I look at her, signaling for her to go on. "R-Ryan, your friend Ryan. Is he single?" She looks up at me with hope in her eyes.

I grin widely. "As a matter of fact, he is." I look at her seriously. "Sarah, he fucks around with a lot of girls. I don't know if he's the kind of guy that is relationship worthy. Plus, you're way out of his league," I say, laughing.

She starts the car and exits the parking lot. She clears her throat, probably slightly offended. "Well I like him," she says, turning a light shade of pink.

"Really?" I roll my eyes and sigh. "You like him, don't you?" She nods and bites her lip. "I really just don't want to see you get hurt," I say hesitantly while taking out my phone.

"One date," I repeat to myself while dialing him. I call his number, put it on speaker phone and hush Sarah, telling her to focus on the road.

Ryan answers on the third ring. "Aimee, for the last time, stop calling me for weed!" he jokes into the laugh and I can hear Justin dying in the background.

"Shut up, I don't smoke, and if I did, I most certainly, would not buy any from you."

I hear a couple of "Oooohs".

"Shut up, I got the good stuff," Ryan cockily remarks and Sarah instantly tenses.

"Yeah, yeah. I actually have a question for you," I say.

"Okay, hold on, I can't hear you."

I hear movement through the phone and then silence. "Alright what is it?" he asks.

"Okay, you know Sarah from our math class?" I look over to Sarah.

"Yeah, she's pretty cool, what about her?"

"Would you like to go on a date with her?"

"What the fuck? What is this, Twenty Questions?"

"Just answer the question." I'm now growing impatient.

"Um, it's crossed my mind a few times. I feel like she would say no."

"Be at my house tonight and come pick her up at seven! Love you." And before he can say a word, I quickly hang up. I do that a lot.

"Well, it's done. You have a date with Ryan," I smile and Sarah squeals.

"Thanks so much!" she says, And then turns into an unfamiliar street.

"Where are we going?"

"To pick a dress up for me for my date with Ryan! I'm just gonna quickly grab a dress from my closet," she smiles.

We soon turn into her driveway. Her house is really nice, seeing that both her parents work high paying jobs.

"We can get ready here, then head to my house after, since i already have my dress."

"Sounds good!" she says excitedly