19-20 November 2013

Wednesday, 20 November 2013, 9.17pm

Dear diary,

Firstly, I'm so sorry I did not check in yesterday! After reading this entry you would most probably know why and understand me for not doing so. Today I'll have to cramp 2 days worth of things in here. It is going to be slightly longer than a normal entry, of course, but I hope that it is going to turn out beautiful, I hope that I can find the write words to say to express my feelings truthfully and most accurately.

Jared has this bad habit; this bad habit is none other than taking me on surprise dates. Yes, to all the girls out there, they would be swooning and perhaps chasing after me with pitchforks for saying its something bad, but THIS IS REALITY. It ain't a fairytale. I had to desperately call Aunt Taylor to ask for permission if I could go. Why ask this time but not the previous times? Because this time round, it involved me not being able to come home for the night. Yes, Jared wanted to whisk me off for a surprise holiday before we left.

But he was nice and sensible enough though; he called Jess and Adrian along. Yes, I know, Jared alone would already be enough for me, but the thought of spending the night alone with him was unimaginable and definitely not allowed, regardless of whether I was obtaining permission from Aunt Taylor or my parents. I texted Jess to make sure that she was allowed to go too, before I asked Aunt Taylor for permission to go.

Aunt Taylor was nice about it and told me to stay safe and of course, I agreed. I packed my bags for a night's stay and went off to meet him. Not knowing what was going to happen on that mountain, I threw in a pair of jeans (because it's the safest thing to wear), pyjamas, some fresh underwear, a bathing suit and extra socks just in case.

I was wearing my floral jeans and my favourite brown jacket and boots and was afraid that I wasn't dressed for the occasion properly. When I got there, I realised that I was the last out of the 4 of us to arrive. I was pleased to see everyone there, all excited and waiting though. I was dressed like they were, so I guessed that there would not be any surprises along the way. It made me feel like this trip wasn't going to be too bad after all.

We all piled up in the coach that was going to take us there and began on our two hour long journey that would take us there. This journey was split into 2 parts with a toilet break in between. For the first half of it,I was sitting with Jared and for the next half, I was with Jess. When I was with Jared, the silences between us were comfortable and it was slowly filled with couple moments. The first silence we experienced, he slowly slid his arm over mine and held my hand. I will never get used to him doing these things to me; my blood was rushing through my veins and I felt that warm fuzzy feeling once again.

Talks with Jared were comfortable too. Today he had questions for me regarding every little insignificant detail of my life which he found important. Initially, I only answered what he asked for, but slowly, I realised that there were many things that I wanted to tell him, although they were insignificant and information that he could do without. He still wanted to know though and was happy that I was finally chatting away on my own, without him having to give me prompts of any sort before I started talking.

When I started sitting with Jess, it became her who did all the talking and I did all the listening. I was pretty happy with that arrangement, given that I have already talked that much when I was with Jared. Sometimes, I wonder how Jess could keep on going like that; I really admire her for having such a nature as it could be really useful to avoid unwanted silences between certain people during a conversation.

Jess went on and on about how magical her time with Adrian had been and how much she felt that this was a dream. She said that she even influenced Adrian to head to Singapore at the end of the year so that they could be together again and how he agreed. He's flying to Singapore on the 28 of November directly from Melbourne. I couldn't help but wonder, won't his family mess him a lot? How old is he anyway?