chapter 21- the second task

sorry i haven't updated in a while :)

chapter 21-  the second task

I was awoken by Ginny shoving me on the side of my bed.

“Ginny whats wrong?”  I asked her.

“nothing but if we don't get ready and get our breakfast quickly we are going to miss the beginning of the second task.” I jumped up at the sound of that.

“and we can't miss that something might happen.” I stared at her shocked face.

“i'm joking, take a joke Ginny and lets get ready.” I jumped out of bed and grabbed my clothes. As we left I grabbed my coat and Gryfinndor scarf.

“want to bet whos going to win.” Fred and George said as we sat at the table.

“yeah, here.” I handed over the money I had in my pocket.

“you don't want to here the bets.”

“no put half it between Cedric and Harry.” I told them.

“sure whatever you say.” I looked away from Fred and George to see Draco staring at me. I smiled at him as he looked away and I saw the corners of his mouth twitch up as he left the room with his 'friends.'

“come on lets go don't want to miss it.” Ginny told us as she dragged me out the door with George and Fred following us.

“you can leave go Ginny i'm not going to disappear.” I told her as I walked straight into her.

“watch where your going!” I heard a familiar voice say.

“shes gonna get it.” I heard Parkinson whisper.

“come on Ginny don't want to be miss the task.” I said dragging her away.

“did she walk away without a fight?” someone whispered behind me, probably Parkinson.

It felt great knowing that I had walked away from an argument and plus I don’t think I could have argued with Draco, not anymore. I walked with Ginny down to where the task was taken place. We passed other students on the way who were walking slow, we said hello to the people we knew from other groups and soon we had caught up with Shamus and Dean.

“hey guys.” I  said when were in ear shot of them so they could hear us and they did.

“hey Ginny.” Dean said but for once they didn’t hold hands. I unlinked my arm from Ginny’s and went and stood next to Shamus. As I looked behind Draco was there with some Slytherins- they were only a couple of steps behind so they could hear what we were talking about. I smiled at him and went to Shamus’s side which made him pull a face as if he was disgusted. I found it funny that he still saw Shamus as a threat even though my heart already belonged to him. I let out a laugh which everyone around me probably heard.

“whats wrong with you?” Shamus asked me.

“ermm.. nothing.” I coughed to hide my laugh which made Shamus laugh. “so anyways where’s Neville?”

“he went out earlier this morning I think he was coming here.”

“oh ok.” I looked over to see Ginny staring at me and ushering me to stand beside her. I grabbed Shamus and pulled him so there was a space between him and Dean so he would hear what I was about to say. I know this would probably bother Draco but I needed to know what was wrong.