Ravaged by You

I was stranded in a desert, thirsty and weak, and you were a beautiful oasis. I needed you. You were a fox, sly and manipulative, and I was a mouse. You were hungry.

You wanted to take me somewhere I'd never been before. You had hungry eyes. You wanted to control me, to dominate me. And somewhere in my whirlwind of a mind, I thought I wanted it, too. I just wanted to feel you, to know you in a new way. But I didn't want what you gave me.

It makes me weak to think about that night. The way you wrapped your arms around my waist and pulled me into your embrace, swaddling me in comfort. The way you looked deeply into my eyes, captivating me in your spell. I could see the whole galaxy in your eyes that night. The way you leaned in gently, laying a trail of kisses down my neck. I remember my voice catching in my throat. The way you kissed me so gently, but so passionately. I will never forget that night.

I remember your hands on my body. I remember shivering as goosebumps spread across my skin. You pushed me against the wall and the butterflies in my stomach were going to tear through me like I was a cheap net. I was afraid. I couldn't speak. My head was a raging hurricane.

But I made it into the eye of the storm. It was quiet, and calm. I could breathe for a minute. I kept wondering how you could be so gentle and loving to me, despite what you were doing. It made me sick. I wanted your love, I didn't want your filth. How could you so easily disguise something hideous as something beautiful and comforting? I was lost for words.

I was dumb enough to be fooled. What I believed was love was nothing but lust and addiction. If only I had known that then... maybe it would've ended differently. But now, I can't help but wonder why... Why did you do this to me, to us? We could've been something. We could have made it. But I was young and I was blind.

I was feeling around in the dark, and I found you. Your skin was soft. You smelled like campfire smoke. Your arms were strong. You were safe. And I trusted you so much. I wanted what you wanted. I wanted to make you as happy as you made me. I would've done anything.

And I did. I gave you my health. I was weakened by you. I gave you my heart. I was broken by you. I gave you my trust. I was fooled by you. I gave you my everything. I was ravaged by you.