The Dollmaker is Waiting

Lanie sighed as she went into her room. She was sick and tired of her older sister being rude to her. They were family. She wanted them to act like it. Lanie laid on her bed, and heard male voices. That was new, Usually it was just Violet. Lanie popped out her head, and saw three boys. All of them were tall, and had fair hair. One had his arm around Elizabeth as the others got into their parents alcohol. Lanie rolled her eyes. She didn't bother trying anymore. She just sat down with her porcelain dolls, but then, an idea struct. Elizabeth and Violet were terrified of the dolls. Lanie could hide, and put the dolls somewhere and keep moving them so that they think that the dolls were alive. She laughed at the idea of her sister screaming. Three dolls were grabbed off their shelves. Lanie very quietly walked down the hall. She placed one doll on the kitchen table, one by the TV, and one on another shelf. She then very quickly hid in a place her mother showed her, but only they knew about. It was behind the TV, in a small door that was painted over. 

"Uh hey Lizzy, Where did you say your sister was?" One of the boys asked.

"She's staying with one of her friends. Why?" Elizabeth asked, The boy showed her the doll and she screamed and jumped back. "Why do you have that?!" She yelled. "Joey! Put it down." Joey chuckled and moved closer to her, "Why? Are you scared?" He smirked. Lanie didn't like the way he was looking at her big sister. She was going to speak up, when she saw Violet walking to the doll in front of Lanie. Lanie giggled quietly and in a high pitched voice started to speak, "Oh Violet~ Why are you scared of me?" Lanie giggled after and Violet picked up the precious doll, then threw it to the other side of the room. Time seemed to stop for a minute. That was the doll her real mother gave her, the last thing she had of hers. Elizabeth yelled at Violet for throwing it, and Lanie screamed, seeing it shatter. The glass doll broke to what seemed like a million pieces. Lanie came out from where she was hiding. She ran to the doll and picked up the dress and a piece of glass that showed half of the dolls shattered face. Lanie started to cry as she picked up more pieces in desperation. She closed her eyes hiding her face, and yelped in pain as a piece of glass cut her hand. "I...I'm sorry Lanie. I know that meant a lot to you." Elizabeth said and Lanie turned with a wicked smile. "It's.....it's okay. I'm not mad" She smiled with a tilted head before taking a piece of glass and lunged at her sister. Elizabeth screamed and jumped back, knocking the other doll off the table. This doll also shattered. Once it hit the floor the room felt colder, and the electricity cut out. 

"Lanie, Come back to us" A voice whispered.

"We miss playing with you" Said another.

"Lanie The Dollmaker is waiting for you" Was the last thing heard, before the last doll broke, on the shelf spontaneously. The boys hysterically ran out the door screaming like girls, and Lanie sat on the ground. She rocked back and fourth, perfectly in time, Her hair fell over her face. She said one line repeatedly "The Dollmaker is waiting for me." 

(A/N I know that nobody is even reading this yet but I want to say it anyways. The chapters are going to get longer once the story is flowing better. Also, I didn't proof read this cause Im lazy.)