Chapter 2

Cody's POV

She smiles and puts her head on my

arm, seeing as she's not quite tall

enough to reach my shoulder.

"So to the beach?" I ask.

"I'd like that." She says.

We walk for another five minutes, the

ground slowly turning from concrete to softer sand. I slip off my shoes and April does the same. I can't think of anything to say, nor can I thin of the best time to bring up the object in my front pocket.

"Are you nervous?" She asks quietly and unexpectedly.

"About what, angel?" We find a small dune over looking the water.

"The tour. It's kind of a big deal." She explains, prompting my thoughts.

"Of course I am. I always get nervous. Do you remember the first time you met me?"

I turn and look down to face her as she tilts her chin up toward me. "I do, but I like it better when you tell the story. It's more magical than mine." She leans against me, and pulls in closer as the cool breeze rustles the palm trees behind us.

"Well, Coast to Coast had just come our and Crush soda just started sponsoring me so I had a concert in the Bahamas. It was an intimate one, free for all the people staying in the hotel." She closes her eyes and listens to the story I've told so many times.

"There was this girl in the front row, and a few girls with her. Maybe two or three. They were going crazy, but one of the girls wasn't as in to it. I had seen the girl before, dark hair, blue green eyes. I bumped into her at the pool I think. It was clear she didn't quite know who I was." I looked down at April still sitting with her head on my shoulder, eyes closed, hair loosely pulled back. I felt bad for our plans blowing, but I'm glad in a way, too. This is just, if not even more, perfect.

"Keep going. I like this part." She says without opening her eyes.

The corners of her mouth turn up, knowing what's next. "Ok, well I went back and forth on the stage, trying to make it look like I was having a hard time choosing my 'Not Just You Girl', but I had already made my decision. I think I made a comment about bringing my mum up just to buy more time. After the last bit of shouts, I reached my hand down to the first girl in the group that I saw. The smile on her face...it was so huge I swear it looked painful. I went through the routine, 'what's your name?' And she said her name was Kelly. I remember thinking that I had picked a good one, because her name was easy to remember. So I sang to her, hugged her...the whole nine yards. It looked like I had definitely made her vacation." I pause just to take everything in.

Planned or not this night couldn't get any more perfect. I could feel her laugh a little at the retelling of the story of her best friend. "You know she talks about that right? About that night." She says with a small smile.

"Does she now?" I ask, pretending to be interested in something other than how the strong moonlight is shining off her eyes. "All the time...."She trails off,shaking her head.

"Continue with the story." She instructs.

"Sure, now where was I? Oh, right. So it seemed to me like Kelly had a great time. Her friends all seemed to enjoy it too. I couldn't help but keep looking over to that one girl though. Every once and a while she would look down at her phone and roll her eyes, slipping it back in her pocket."

With that April laughed as she stretched out her legs and laid her head on my lap. I took a few strands of her hair and twirled it between my fingers.

"That's not fair," she said, still a hint of her laughter evident in her tone. "It was my parents, they were so scared that we all went to the concert alone. They've never let us do anything like that before. ANYTHING. You know how they are," she says, retelling the already known fact that her parents were super over protective. It got even worse when her dad left.

"Sure, sure. Whatever" I say, giving the smooth strands a little tug. "Just keep going," she says, instinctively bringing her hand to where her hair was pulled.

"Ok. Well the rest of the show was good, got good feedback from everyone backstage and stuff. You know, the usual."

"Oh don't go off actin like you're hot stuff, superstar." She says with a smile. I share her smile and continue on.

"Whatever, this is my story. Kinda. Well, I had made a promise to the crowd that night to head over to the Crush Club place that Crush Soda was sponsoring. As soon as I walked offstage, people started flooding in. I went back to my room, took a quick shower, changed, and made my way down there." I said. I could feel her smile growing as I neared the best part.