#16 (5th Day of GMG - Part 8) Dragon Slayers v.s. The Challenger (Part 1)

Lucy's POV:

I stared face to face with 8 intense looking dragon slayers. The final match has started.

At the far left, was Wendy and Sherria. The two looked at me fiercely, not wanting to lose again. Next to them were Laxus and Orga. Laxus was folding his arms as usual and Orga pumped his fist in the air. The crowd cheered. A few metres away from them were the Twin Dragon Slayers of Sabertooth, Sting and Rogue. Sting smirked at me while Rogue looked angrily at me, his red eyes looking like when Zeref is angry. Last but not least, at the far right was Gajeel and Natsu. Gajeel muttered "Geehee" mulptiple times as usual. On the other hand, i saw Natsu next to him... bandaged?

I stared in disbelief as Natsu chuckled. "He wanted to come despite his injuries on his head..." i stared as Natsu. There was a bandage wrapped around his head, covering some of his salmon pink hair.

"He might've hurt his head, but man he's insistent on fighting you." Gajeel seemed to have noticed me staring at Natsu and explained. I chuckled softly, suddenly remembering the times where he made me laugh. For some reason, my hatred for him has suddenly disappeared. But as i thought of Lisanna, the hatred came back.

"I-I'm fi-fired up!" Natsu chuckled. Fairy Tail cheered.

I rolled my eyes.

"Let's get serious already." I muttered. They nodded.

"Begin!" The commentator repeated himself again. Seems he was irritated that the much anticipated battle is taking so long just to start.

Laxus threw down his wooly jacket immediately. The 8 looked at me intensly.

Suddenly, all of the charged at me, some with bare fists and others with fists engulfed in magic.

Gray's POV:

The 8 dragon slayers suddenly charged towards the Challenger at different times, some throwing magic her and others sparring her.

Man, they should work together.

3rd Person POV:

After 10 minutes of combat, Natsu, Sting, Rogue and Gajeel were exhausted. They panted furiously as the others attacked.

"120mm Black Lightning Cannon" Orga chanted, releasing a thin blast of black lightning towards the Challenger at great speed. Just at that moment, Laxus, who was engulfed in his lightning and was attacking the Challenger with his fast speed, was hit by the beam.

Wendy's POV:

"What do you think you're doing?!?!" Laxus flamed. "Shut it. You're the one that just appeared out of nowhere." Orga rolled his eyes. "You're the one who can't see what others are doing! Stupid!" Laxus argued back.

I looked as Laxus-san and Orga-san argued with each other. I turned my head and found Natsu-san and Gajeel-san fighting each other.

I sighed.

"ENOUGH!!" I shouted loudly. Natsu-san, Gajeel-san, Orga-san and Laxus-san stopped and stared at me.

Lucy's POV:

I was shocked. Never had i heard Wendy scream so loudly before. Sherria looked at her worriedly.

"This is a battle against her! Not between ourselves! We have to work together to beat her! We can't argue with each other!!!" Wendy screamed angrily. The others were speechless.