The Life Saver: Mindless Behavior story, Prodigy

Bio....

Jocellyn Marie Cole: 14 years old, hazel eyes, light brown curly hair.

Carmel colored skin.

Born on March 24, 1999.

Her older brother is Jermaine Cole aka J. Cole

She hasn't seen him in 2 years nor has she heard from him.

Goes to Andrew Jacobs High.

Even though she's 14 she is in the 10th grade because she skipped 2nd grade.

She has no friends and is considered the loner since she associates with no one.

She runs track and sees it as a stress reliever.

__________________________________________

I wake with a start from my nightmare. I'm drenched in sweat and am most likely crying. Hopefully I wasn't screaming in my sleep. I remember the last time that happened, it resulted in me getting a horrific beating. I couldn't go to school for a week so I've learned my lesson from that.

I slowly lift myself from my bed, trying my best to be quiet. It creeks if I'm not careful so I've learned the correct spots to lean or press on.

Finally standing, I grab some clothes from my already open closet. Just a simple hoodie and jeans. Nothing special. I thankfully had the hindsight to take a shower before and just slip on my clothes.

I wince slightly as I put on my undershirt.  A pain shoots up and down my arm,  bringing tears to my eyes, as I put it on. Just two days ago my father was especially brutal and I fear that I may have broken my arm. I do my best to put my hoodie on without causing much to jostle it. Even then it still hurts.

I walk to my bathroom and do my daily routine which consists of brushing my teeth, washing my face, and doing my hair. It only takes about 5 minutes since I'm not an extravagant person. Washing and brushing only take about 3 minutes together then my hair only 2. I just put it in a simple ponytail and call it a day.

I look at my watch then go downstairs and peek in the kitchen. I have to take this precaution because sometimes my dad may be up early or one of his hoes may be here. All of his women aren't bad, some are nice. They talk to me and often prevent my dad from beating me so harshly. My favorite one is Ms.Sandra, she's my dads favorite also. Anybody would be able to see why if they saw her. She has long thick, jet black hair that reaches her waist. On top of that she has an amazing face adorned with striking green eyes and amazing body. I often here my dad tell her that.

That's not why she's my favorite though, it's just my dads reason. But my reason is because she is the nicest. When she's around, she doesn't allow my dad to beat me at all. He may sneak and do it but if she catches him then she goes off and it usually ends with make up sex. Also, sometimes she makes me breakfast in the morning if she is still there.

To my dismay she isn't here this morning. No one is down here surprisingly. That must mean he's out getting drunk with his buddies. Eh, I couldn't care less just as long as he isn't around me then I'm fine.

I walk into the kitchen and quickly pour a glass of juice. I gulp it down then wash my dish and place it back in the cabinet before heading out the door. I mistakenly close the door with my right arm and the result ends with me gripping my arm tight, holding back tears. Eventually the pain goes away and I continue my journey to the school, but not before making a mental note to be more careful.

The journey to school only takes a few minutes and before I know it I have arrived. I stop in front of the huge double doors and take a huge breath then push through the door. My ears are immediately greeted with happy chatter coming from all directions as friends greet each other, talking about what they did over the winter break.