Chapter 2

"Sweetie you have to wake up now!" Yells a person. I feel my arm shaking and can only guess that said person is shaking me. Slowly my eyes drift open to see the face of Nurse Patricia. Her red hair bobbing back and forth as she talks. I lean forward and stretch. Or at least try to. My right arm is cast in a sling that only allows me to move slightly.

She quickly fills me in on things I need to know about the sling or cast, even though she told me already. I just nod my head as if I understand but in reality I have no clue to what she's talking about. Finally her endless babbling stops and she allows me to go.

I walk quietly through the door and out into the main nurses office. I send a small smile to the lady on my desk and leave for the door. I open it slowly for I don't want it to slam afterwards.

Just as I close the door and walk away, I hear a light noise from behind me. I turn on my heel and am suprised to see a sleeping Craig. Wait! That means he decided to wait for me. My heart flutters at the gesture and I take the seat next to him. I examine his features for he looks extremely peaceful at the moment and I find it attractive. His mouth is slightly open and soft snores are coming out of his mouth, his long eyelashes lay gently on his face as it contorts to a look of humor. Then to a face of sadness. I can barely hear him whisper a certain name. A females name I'm sure of it. It's hard to make out since he whispered it so lightly. I think he whispered the name Sierra. My heart sinks for a moment thinking that was his girlfriend but it quickly goes away once I realize she can be many things. Maybe his sister, cousin, neice or etc.

My thoughts are broken when a loud snore escapes his mouth. I can't help the giggles that escape from my mouth and soon enough it becomes full blown out laughter. But unfortunately my laughing wakes him up. His eyes open slowly and they land on me. My body stiffens when I remember the promise I made in the office.

"Hey, what time is it?" He asks as he stretches ands yawns.

"Um 11:46 almost time for lunch."

"Ok cool let's go then."

He grabs my free hand and pulls us both from the chairs. We begin walking down the hall, hand in hand. My promise to myself hasn't been forgotten but I want him as a friend. I'll just keep him on the low.

We reach the cafeteria a few moments later which is already bustling with students. As we walk in all the talking stops and becomes whispering that I can only presume is about us. We make our way to the lunch line and he lets go of my hand. My heart sinks at the fact but the feeling goes away when he grabs it again and send me a smile that causes my heart to flutter. He hands me a tray and I realize that is why he let go not because of the hundreds of eyes looking at us.

I get an entre consisting of pizza and juice. Its not much but my stomach is small. Craig on the other hand looked like he was preparing for a feast. He actually had to get two trays to carry all of his food. I could barely hold in my laughter.

We walked over to an empty table in the back and sat down. He immediately started chowing down on his food and I just had to stare. My thoughts were somewhere along the lines of disgusting and amazing. I wonder how he eats at home. There is probably never any food left. Wouldn't suprise me.

"Are you going to eat that?" He ask me.

I hadn't realized he finished his food until he said something. His tray is spotless besides the dishes. If I didn't know any better I would think he vacuumed it.

"Uh, uh um no. You can have it."

I was being honest. I only took about 3 bites of the pizza and drank half of my juice. I doubt I would finish the rest. I don't really have an appetite.