*-Chapter 8-*

*-Aphmau POV-*

I ran so fast I couldn't feel my feet. I knew they wouldn't follow. I felt so guilty. I stopped running and caught my breath. It was quiet, and peaceful. I just needed some more sleep. Too many emotions. I started walking back to the village. I observed every living thing around me. I counted 18 birds. After walking for 10 minutes I arrived at Phoenix Drop. I saw Laurence and Kawaii~Chan talking in front of the gate and I went back into the forest, but I listened to their conversation.

"Do you think Aphmau~Senpai ran off to find Gene~Kun?" A girl, obviously Kawaii~Chan said.

"I think so... Gene wasn't at Aphmau's house and neither was Aphmau." Laurence said.

"Well we have to find Aphmau~Senpai before it's too late!"

"I know I know. But what are we going to do when he  gets here.."

"Kawaii!~Chan will stall Zane~Kun with cookies and cakes!"

Zane? He was coming to Phoenix Drop?

"We have to kill Gene Kawaii~Chan."

"Kawaii~Chan knows Laurence~Kun!"

I heard Laurence sigh. I stepped out of the forest to see Kawaii~Chan and Laurence walking into the village. I walked into the village and swiftly got into my house without being spotted. I sat down at the table and thought for a moment, but then I started making some food, I was in fact, starving. As I was cooking I heard the door open. I looked over to see Laurence and Kawaii~Chan.

"Aphmau~Senpai! Kawaii~Chan and Laurence~Kun have terrible news!" Kawaii~Chan yelled.

"What?" I said.

"It's O'khasis. They're coming to Phoenix Drop. A-A-And the only way to stop Zane from destroying Phoenix Drop is you marrying him." Laurence said, his eyes filling with tears.

To be honest this made me laugh. I knew Gene wouldn't let this happen, even if I didn't want him to do anything about it. But I put on a pained expression and looked at the floor.  Kawaii~Chan hugged me.

"I'm sorry Aphmau~Senpai!" Kawaii~Chan said.

I nodded, as tears came down my eyes. You might not know this, but I am a brilliant actor.

"We'll give you your space." Laurence said, grabbing Kawaii~Chan and prying her off me and out the door.

I only knew one thing.

I had to see Gene.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

*-Zane POV-*

Damnit! Why did I give that book to that man. I had to marry her before he gets a chance. If he doesn't know about it, then how can he stop it. Right? Right. I exited my office, my cape trailing behind me. Guards bowed as I passed. I went to the front gates and smiled when I saw my guards lined up, incase she says no. Which she will not.

I opened the door to my carriage and was shocked to see someone already in there. It was none other than...

Gene.

He had his feet up, and he was scratching his nails. He looked up at me.

"Ah! Zane. Good to see you. I hope you know that I know about your 'marriage' plans and I intend to stop the marriage at all costs. Which, as you already know, I can do easily." Gene said.

Oh no. This isn't good.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sorry these chapters have been so short and weird!!! I'll try to get longer chapters out for you lovely people! I just thought this was an appropriate stopping point for this chapter... ya know? Yeah..

Very true very true  ^

Hope you enjoyed!  ❤