Why not girls?

How about starting with a story.
Once upon a time a son went to an old age home in order to leave his wrinkled  mother there as she was no less than a burden for him at home who consumed the least percentage of his food and a  little space in the house to sleep. When he left her there like an orphan child, she called from behind "Son?" The son walked towards her to listen her last words. "Don't ever be guilty son, for leaving me here. It might be the punishment by God for my sins that I had done, by killing 5 girls in my womb before you were born."

Hi there !
Here I have another burning rather mostly in air issue - 'The biasness between girls and boys.'

This is a story told to me by my mother few days back. I don't know from where did she get this but it touched me.
This plot explains a lot doesn't it ? This is the scenario 90% percent of the parents face today. Why ? Because they had trusted and expected a lot from their boys than they do from their girls.

From the birth !

It is said that India has evolved as a developing country but the development of brain in terms of liberalisation remains the same. Today we hear more about abortions rather than births. It is though illegal but still is promoted by some uneducated families and greedy doctors.

In India, for the indefinite number of  parents, having a girl child is a curse. Their under developed brain that lacks logic thinking disagrees with having a girl child in the family. According to these bigheads, a girl is no less than a burden. For them a girl is someone who is needed to be protected, spent money on (for food and stuff) and is somebody who would leave their house and go rather than earning them some money from a job. Having a daughter makes these people weak and let down as compared  to the ones who have sons. They would celebrate and spend a  handsome amount of money on the birth of a son but if a girl is identified in the womb or has taken birth unknowingly then that innocent infant is killed.

According to the 'against girl child parents' there are inifinite number of advantages of having a boy as a child. They think a boy would earn them money and give them unconditional support when they grow old. They invest in their boys in order to receive 'dowry' from their future daughter in law. They give them each and every possible facility with the blind believe that their sons would never disrespect them and be like a backbone to their parents in every situation. The parents give their heart and soul for the betterment of their sons as they expect way too much from them in future.
But does these things make the sons stand on the expectations of their parents ? Does it ever happen as what those parents had thought of ? Do boys turn really supportive towards their parents ?
In 90% of the situation NO!
These things might  happens in movies and dreams but not in reality.