Chapter 2: "Small Complications"

○♡○
Genji FOV
○♡○

    Leaving Dr. Angela's office, I sighed to myself as I heavily strut to the exit of the building. It was a pain to have left her in that office alone, but Overwatch needs me. I know that after all of this, it will all be worth it. I will be anticipating for my "dinner meeting" after this mission is over.

   As I parkour from building to building with my enhanced human (cyborg?) reflexes to the given location, I see a big smoke cloud arising up to the sky coming from the museum. Distant police sirens and ambulances can be heard from a kilometer away. When I came to the half-burnt building, I see many injured people in dire need of Angela's professional help... ah I can't even get my mind off her.

"Genji, it appears that Talon has left no trace of their next whereabouts."

   A masked middle-aged man with a red and white striped blue jacket and a number '76' on the back approached me and gave me a somewhat discerned look. Yes even through the mask, I can tell how Morrison feels right now.

   Morrison handed me over what seems to be a very edgy looking sawed-off shotgun with no ammunition that looks somewhat familiar.

"However, I did find this peculiar looking gun that screams 'Reaper' all over it, perhaps you can somehow use this to track Talon's whereabouts."

   Closely inspecting the gun, I looked on every angle of the very edgy looking gun. Only to find a cute little drawing of a bird masked man with a black hoodie piggy-backing on a light blue skinned woman wearing purple spandex... And a note?

" If lost, pls. return to this address: (insert some made up subdivision address here) "

"Well isn't that nice of Reaper to write."

"Genji. We will go to that address, tonight."

"Wait... what? Why can't I just do it now? I have plans for this evening."

"We strike them when they least expect it. Darkness will be our friend to help us cover."

"Now doesn't that just sound edgy?"

   I said to Jack with sarcasm in my tone.

"Doesn't matter. We will go and that's final. We won't bring all of the Overwatch members, just a selected few."

"And who are those 'selected few'?"

"Lucio, D.Va, and your brother, Han-"

"Ughhhh, why do I have to work with my wretched sake and honor obsessed brother? He's not even a part of Overwatch!"

"He's our only considered 'marksman' that we know of, besides Ana ofcourse, however she is a healer. He might be able to take care of Widowmaker if you have difficulty dealing with her."

"I'm sure we can get it taken care of by ourse-"

"No, no. That is final. I specifically called him to help us in this mission. You don't get everything you want Genji, grow up."

   Trying to keep my cool, I decided to just go with the flow. I accepted Morrison's mission.

"Sigh, fine. First you made me team up with my brother, and now you cancelled my dinner date wit-"

   Oh frick. Why did I just say that.
I immediately stopped speaking to Morrison abruptly.

"Dinner date with who, Genji?"

   Nice one, Genji. As I said to myself while slapping myself the millionth time in my mind.

"No one important."

   I spoke up to Morrison with a annoyed tone in my voice, but no words left my mouth.

"Millennials nowadays... desperate to find 'fake love' that will only end up blinding themselves or the other. Finding love isn't your whole life's purpose you know."

   Feeling slightly offended, I turned the other cheek and folded my arms, pretending to not have a single care in the world.

"Now, go help the police settle down the civilians. I'll be doing the same."

The middle-aged man turning his back and walking away, I could only hope that Angela would understand.

○♡○

-------------------------

Hey sorry for such a long wait! I kinda forgot all about making this fanfic ever since things got complicated. :C I feel bad now. But anyways, chapter 3 will be coming out pretty soon, now that I read your guys' positive feedback, I feel much encouraged to continue it ^_^. Thanks for all the support! <3
-tinyflareon