Haunting

"AHHHHHHH!"

I run as fast as my legs can take me as the kitchen knives continue to follow me. The knives' tips are starting to poke me.

They're getting closer! 

"I have to find the other─OUCH!"

I hit my head to a wall. 

A-A DEAD END!

The knives dash towards me.

This is it! I'm done for. And so...this is the end of Willy Glass─

I hear tons of stabs. However...

I open my eyes and find myself in one piece. The knives hit the wall in different directions but not where I'm standing.

I'M ALIVE! 

Wait a second! Of course I'll be fine. This can't be all real. This must be a dream that is created by my stress and the team's pestering delusions. Yes, that makes perfect sense. I probably dozed off when I was finishing my case file so the solution is to use all the willpower I have to wake up. 

I pinch myself on the cheek.

"OUCH!" 

The lodge is still deserted.

Am I that asleep?

I pinch my cheek again so hard that it becomes red. It hurts so much!

I'm still here.

"Huh? What's going on? Am I trapped in a nightmare?"

The lights started flickering.

"Oh, you're not asleep. But you don't need sleep to experience a nightmare, do you?"

That voice...

"Hey! What's the meaning of this?" I ask, not knowing where she is. 

"Like I said: I'm teaching you a lesson. I did warn you. So, do you believe in the existence of magic now?" She asks childishly.

"NEVER! As a man of genius, I'LL NEVER BELIEVE THAT THIS IS ALL REAL!"

"I'm sorry to hear that. I would look out if I were you."

"What's next?" I ask with sarcasm. "An army of bathroom appliances? I like to see you try."

The lodge starts to shake as the lights continue to flicker and everything is moving like crazy.

"What's happening?!" I asks.

No one's answering....

OK...

You'll see. I will get out of this mess and prove that magic is just an illusion.

~FIVE MINUTES LATER~

"AHHHHHH!!!!!"

The bed is trying to eat me!

~ONE HOUR LATER~  

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

The training equipment is turning me into pulp!

~TWO HOURS LATER~

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!"   

The attic's walls are closing in!!!

~LOST TRACK OF TIME~  

Sure that the lodge appears to be against me and I am being haunted but as a detective and genius, I kept myself together.