Page 7 : Broken Vow

"I love you, Lleny."

"I love you too, Xanders."

Scott was the man of my dreams, he vow to love in front of the altar while lying his knees on the aisle promising he would not let the dangers kill me...

He kissed my cheeks and held my hand tight like we were almost a couple. He was about to hug me when someone from the distance aimed the AK 47 intendedly as if he's a sniper...

The jubilant me turned into an anxious target...

I looked up and noticed that there were snipers also at the rooftops.
I don't know if I should tell him that we're surrounded by deaths.
If I tell him, we both might die.

Napansin kong sinimulan ng kalasin ng mga snipers ang baril.

This situation is undeniably breath taking...I have to do the only choice...I have to do this for him.....I have to save him...

"Lleny, what's wrong?" Kalmadong tanong niya nang mapagtantong nakatuon ang aking atensyon sa kawalan.

Bago pa man siya lumingon sa tinitignan kong rooftop ay kaagad kong naramdaman sa masasamang bulong ng hangin ang nalalapit na katapusan ng aming kaligayahan.

In just a blink of an eye, I quickly
waylaid myself to him to catch all the bullets coming from the guns they were using to slay us.....

"Nnnnnooooo!!!!!" I could hear screams around.

I could feel extreme pain in my back that caused me to deaden the strength I was having...This is my choice, and I will never regret this...Tila slow motion ang lahat ng nangyari ngayon, Scott quickly caught me from falling.

"No, no, no, this can't be happening!" He twicked his own hair and cried loudly.

"Lleny!!!" He touched my cheeks and I found it comfortable...his presence is enough to heal my painful wounds. "Hold on, I'll take you to the hospital."

I could hear the sound of the ambulance few meters away from here. Scott carried me as if he's just carrying a lightweight stuff.

While he's taking me to the opening of the obstacle, I managed to speak to him ignoring all the pain growing in me.

"I---I--- love you s---so much."
I said to him.

He put his pointer finger on my lips. "I know, for now, you have to care about yourself." He added.

When we got inside the vehicle, I suddenly felt extreme pain as if the cold winds meant to hit my wounds that caused me to winced.
Although it hurts, I still looked on the bright side of my greatness and kept supressing the pain instead of visializing the momentary occurrence of my almost death. The nurses were in a hurry, they took me inside the Emergency Room by pushing the stretcher where I was lying. The operation has just started, they started injecting the syringe into my skin.....and I guess it affected my senses, I'm now incapable of seeing things and hearing sounds clearly. I kept fighting the strange  medicine they gave me, few meters away from my whereabouts, I could still see Scott outside the E.R. He obviously seemed very worried and scared of my circumtances.

If there should be afraid of, that is him...I know him too well, he would grab any chance just to take those assassins down. He came from a wealthy and rich family, the name 'Xanders are known for great power, they are sophisticated towers that can't be wrecked.

After the operation, he hastily went inside the E.R.

"This is all my fault...I'm sorry, I jeopardized you...I promise, I will never put you again into peril, and I think you would only be safe if I follow the No. one rule.....and that is to desert you." He told me while sobbing.

I could feel warmth everytime his hand touches into mine. My whole body is not yet in good condition because of the six bullets that were thrust into my
back. Nakakagalaw siya ngunit ako hindi, hindi ako makakita ng maayos ngunit siya oo, hindi rin ako nakakarinig ngunit siya oo...wala akong masyadong narinig sa mga sinabi niya. Nagsimula nang manlabo ang aking paningin, ngunit maayos pa rin ang pandama mo, naramdaman ko ang dahan dahang pagbitaw niya sa aking mga palad, ramdam ko rin ang pagyabag niya palabas ng E.R.

If I wasn't mistaken, that was his departure. Now, I'm all alone.

"It's Friday!"

I suddenly trembled because of the noise...Ugh! Those two...

I stood up from the bed and glared at the two imbeciles. Mukhang natauhan naman sila dahil parehas silang natigilan sa akin.

"Come on Sky." Kinakabahang sambit ni Vanessa.

"W-what?" Paputol putol na saad ni Sky.

I threw the pillow to them and said, "Leave." Kalmado kong tugon. They both went outside the dorm.

Lumapit ako sa malaking salamin at tinignan ang aking sarili. The noise of Sky made me to return my mind into the reality...

So that was a dream...but it's not just a visualization, it's about our past. Hindi ko nga lubos maintindihan kung bakit na lang ako ni Scott iniwan sa hospital ng ganon lang.

I undressed myself and presented my back at the foreground of the mirror for it to be seen. Bakas pa rin sa likod ko kung saan tumama ang anim na bala na pinakawalan ng mga snipers nang sinubukan nila kaming patamaan ni Scott. Inabot ko ang mga bakas na pinagtamaan ng bala sa aking likod at hinimas ito.....

I cried and cried silently para wala sa aking makarinig...

Wala ng mas sasakit pa sa ginawa sa akin Scott...

"Hellen, are you alright?" Bungad ni Vanessa sa likod ko.

I wiped my tears off in a stealth way then grabbed the towel from the table and locked myself in the bathroom. Sinimulan ko ng buksan ang shower upang basain ang kanina ko pang hubad na katawan.

I have to spew all the sh*ts out of me...

I have to be numb again for his vows were lies...he broke his promises.