Sandbox Buddiez

Sandbox Buddiez 

Andrew Paul

Copyright All Rights Reserved 2011

I swear baby, that ill be the pillars to your mansion oh, you're my baby girl so ill treat you with love and compassion oh, like the Mockingjay, sound the call, then we'll be safe. I swear baby, that ill be the pillars to your mansion

Remember the days when we were cute and cuddly when we would play in the dirt, you were my Sandbox Buddy. We grew up together, two houses down and we would and get in so much trouble from our clowning around. Wed go give eachother kisses up behind the bushes and build big messes my ma's cushions. We'd discover magic lands by the x marked on our maps, and we'd interlock our hands and discover dreams while we napped. And on rainy days, we'd go play in my base-ment, and we would fly around cuz we had towels for capes then. And Do you remember the romantic in me, that little romeo that gave you your first piece of jewelry, it was a neckless that I made from macaroni and you wore it all day saying "Look what He made me!" And you were the Gueniver to my King Arthur, dressed up in my card board box of armour, I promised right there to be your protecter, I'd be your sword and shield, your forever defender. And as you Knighted me with a kiss on my cheek, you made me swear to it with a clinch your teeth.

I swear baby, ill be the pillars to your mansion oh, you're my baby girl so ill treat you with love and compassion oh, like the Mockingjay, sound the call, then we'll be safe. I swear baby, ill be the pillars to your mansion

Ashes, ashes, we all fall down, and try to raise like a Phoenix from up off of the ground, but the ground is so hard like the hammer to anvil, beating and repeating until shocked to a stand still. Lost in a forest so dense and dark and black, Lost in the moments where your fen-ding of an attack,found by the pain from the la-shes on your back, but lashes belong on those pre-tty eyes you have. See what I didnt know was thats you'd go home and be all alone and the only softness that you knew was the only softness offered to you, it was a pillow every night that you'd cry into. For a nightly ritual hed have you sit in a circle like a three ring circus, you want to eat then fight in the middle, if you wanted to eat, simple, be declared the winner, but it wasnt much, like a bowl of beans for dinner. Unfamiliar to you were words of affirmation, no "I love you's" to you, "your just a pile a waste" and comparable to words your fathers fists were a breeze, always walking on eggshells or an unbalanced trapeze. Remember when you came to me with hate in your eyes, you said he told you to make something of your self and that you wanted to try, with your head in my chest you started to cry, now all I wish he knew is that he killed you inside.

I swear baby, ill be the pillars to your mansion oh, you're my baby girl so ill treat you with love and compassion oh, like the Mockingjay, sound the call, then we'll be safe. I swear baby, ill be the pillars to your mansion

Remember, suns set only to rise again, so take a breath, take a breath, and remember when you climb that mountain you'll get its view from the crest, enjoy the breath. Now we grew apart and I grew up but motivated, captivated by what life had to offer, valedictorian and magna cum laude, my own office on the top floor, but the bests been my beautiful wife and baby daughter, I dont mean to say all this to strike a chord or rub faces, but to demonstrate the powerful influences one can have being a father, the power to push for tomorrow, motivating with love never infesting with sorrow. And be the generation that raises the next generation that puts all the other generations to shame and be the first to kiss her goodnight, check under her bed, check in her closet, no bad guys'll getcha', and I picture my daughter growing up so lovely, but for now ill just enjoy being her sandbox buddy, doing all the things we did playing pretend in real life, and now when ever she hugs me, I never feel so alive.

I swear baby, ill be the pillars to your mansion oh, you're my baby girl so ill treat you with love and compassion oh, like the Mockingjay, sound the call, then we'll be safe. I swear baby, ill be the pillars to your mansion

 -Ap