Chapter 7 - The Devil In Here Is Me

I fell to my knees.

"GODDAMMIT!"

"Shhh, Azure calm down! Anger and  Weed do not mix together well."

Alex was right, I did take some weed to calm down., and they don't mix together well. But when I do....i'm unstoppable. 

"Alex, you up for throwing a surprise party? I wink. 

"Awwe babe, let's do this." If I wasn't so high, I would have lectured him about using the word ' babe' but whatever.

We head towards Brent, and walk up behind him. Before we said anything, we decided to eavesdrop a bit.

"hahah, how old am I? I am 21, and i'm interested in taking a fitness route in life."

"You're so hot Brent, how about we hit up my place later, if you get the idea".

"Sounds good to me, Let's pay for the drink and scramble from this Phoenix hell hole"

 - BTW those were all lies, bitch. -

Brent turned around, and when he did he almost fainted.

"Oooh, a hell hole? Sorry, Brent. I don't like you calling my second home that? I put on my best sad eyes. I love teasing people.

"A -A - Azure?!?! Oh? Azure, a Phoenix member? So glad I didn't take bets on that, I would have been dead by now." He fakes a laugh. Disgusting.

"Hahah Brent, you'll be dead anyways. I mean, we all die. You'll just die earlier then others." I wink. 

"Yeah 'Brent" since Azure saw you, she got irritated. And when you irritate her, you irritate me." 

Alex says. I feel his hand touch my butt and then - OUCH!. Did he seriously squeeze my butt?!?!? Dammit! Play it cool play it cool....

Brent looks over to Alex. He freezes.

"O-o? Alex Cornell? Nicknamed the "King of Dance" dating Azure? Would have never guessed."

"Save the small talk, who the fuck recruited you and since when were you a Rising Crown member??" 

"Well I have been for around 6 months now. Logan doesn't know. The only person who knows is you. Too bad, no one will believe just you and your boyfriend."

Fuck. If only Jessica was here.

"Brent, honey. You forgot me? Jessica? Your best friend? That's sad."

He looks behind me. Thank you Lord.

"I should stop being surprised. Jessica and Azure now too?

"Yeah, now who the fuck recruited you? Why didn't you tell me?!?"

"Same reason you didn't tell me, and we knew each other was 12 years. I wonder, when did you become such a great lier?"

"Since 2 years ago. NOW.WHO.THE.FUCK.RECRUITED.YOU."

"Fine. Oliver Gomez. He saw me dancing tango at a park. He told me I have great posture for breakdancing. I agreed and he started teaching me on how to breakdance.

"And? You didn't try to consider he might be a piece of shit?"

"No, I always wanted to breakdance so I thought this was a sign. Turns out, he's the leader of Rising Crown. I thought the name sounded cool so I joined."

"And?"

"He showed me around his pub downtown. I fell in love with it, started dancing,  started making friends, etc. It's really fun."

"Goddammit Brent! He's the bad guy! He cheats at every fucking competition, I heard he raped like 5 girls, and hes crazy for money! You are just his toy!"

"Wow. Well, heard Mark went to jail for murdering his brother and threatening to kill himself so his parents could buy him a car!"

I just started at Brent.

"Those are rumors!"

"How do you know that Oliver is the bad guy then, he might have rumors too!"

That's true.

"Ugh, you do have a point."

"Well Brent, as long as you're in the Rising Crown, we are enemies." Alex said.

"Alright then, good luck in the next competition" Brent says as he stands up.

"Wait, you're not gonna quit and join our side?"

"Azure, If our positions switched, would you quit Golden Phoenix for me? Where you met the best friends of your life, discovered your passion and saw a future for yourself? WOULD YOU??" Brent screamed. Everyone turned around to watch.

I couldn't say anything. I wanted to tell him I would, but that would be lying.

"Brent - I'm sorry".

"Save it, you get mad at me, yet you were in here for 2 years and you are mad at me for not telling you? Can you fuck off now? Logan is my real friend.

"Brent i am so so sorry, ple-"

"Shh. Don't say anything. Goodbye Azure."

Brent walks away and exits the pub.

I fall to the ground.

I started screaming and crying.

"No, Brent don't leave!"

"Its okay Azure, we have your back." I look at Jessica and Alex. 

They have my back.

But who has Brents?

Thinking back, who are his 'best' friends he said he had?