Part 6

Emily’s POV:

We had all just arrived back in the garage to watch they boys play another song titled Before Angles Fall. I really like this song! It was very rocky, my kind of music. They finished their set and Mady stood up.

“EVERYBODY! I have very good news!” she grinned.

“What?” Bradie said with a smile growing across his face.

“Well, you know how next week is the last one of year 10? Anyway, I’m going up to Mulwala for 2 weeks!” she said jumping up and down clapping her hands. Me and Caity joined her jumping up and down happily then looked over at the confused boys.

“What are you doing?” Shaun said shaking his head as Andy came to join us.

“I’m going up to my granddad’s house by the lake for Christmas! And I’m competing in the knee boarding competition! It’s one of the state finals!” Mady happily said back.

“You kneeboard?” Shaun asked.

“Yeah! I love knee boarding! Last year I won the Junior Championships!” Mady replied.

“Wait. For Christmas? So you’re not going to be here on the last week of school?” Bradie spoke. Mady looked at him and noticed the sadness in his eyes.

“Yeah” she half smiled. The rest of the night we just talked about random things, mostly about school. While everyone was watching Xmen I snuck out to the garage and went over to the keyboard. I had written a new song and wanted to try it out. I unfolded the scrunched up paper with all the notes written on it and lied it flat on the stand. I played the notes slowly, then got faster and faster. I was shocked when I heard clapping come from the door and Andy walked into the room.

“Did you write that?” he asked.

“Yeah, I know it doesn’t sound too good” I smiled.

“Em it sounds awesome! You’re really really talented” Andy spoke. I could feel my checks going red so I had to quickly look away. He came over to me.

“I had an idea for a song, and the only music is piano. Maybe we could work on it together. In secret so nobody knows” he suggested.

“That’s an awesome idea. That way I could spend more time with you” I smiled. Oh god!

“Uhh, I didn’t mean the last bit, you know, ehh, I want to spend time with you-“, I was struggling with what to say.

“I want to spend time with you too Em” Andy spoke taking my hand. I felt butterflies all in my stomach and I felt as if my legs were going to give way. Andy was so dreamy! We stared at each other for a while, not daring to look away. I was sucked in by his beauty, and I was somewhere deep in his eyes that I didn’t notice him lean in closer and kiss me. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I felt as if my insides had fallen out and my brain fell out my ears. I was kissing Andy. The boy I had liked for so long liked me back.

When we finally broke apart we smiled at each other.

“Em, don’t find it weird that I really like you” Andy grinned.

“I like you too. I’ve liked you for so long” I said, and couldn’t control my smile.

“Be my girlfriend?” Andy asked me.

“I don’t want anything more” I replied.

 It was so strange, knowing that Caity was going out with Shaun, Nici going out with Jumpnow and I was going out with Andy! It was obvious that Mady and Bradie liked each other, but Bradie didn’t have the balls to ask her out! It seemed all too real, and I stared questioning myself whether I was dreaming or not.