Chapter Three

Terror. That was the only feeling running through her body at that time.  She caught hold of the gate and started shaking it vigorously, hoping to catch attention of anyone nearby. Alas! Though her vision was limited, she couldn’t see anyone. Surprisingly there were no guards near her gates as she has imagined. The walls were closing on her. She couldn’t breathe. 

Feeling hopeless she slid down with her back towards the gate pondering how her life changed from the moment she turned 18.

First the voices in her head then the dream. Him, Laura and then those sadistic voices. Who were they? How did she end up here from her cosy little bed at her cottage?

She kept on staring at the opposite wall without paying any attention towards it.

“Sorry for the delay, love. I had some things to take care of”.

She turned back in lightening speed and stared at her intruder. She felt her breath stop when she looked at him. Though he was not the guy she has dreamed of, she called for him in a different sense. She felt safe and warm.  She stood up and asked.

“Who are you? Where am I? How did you get inside here?”

He smiled sadly and walked towards her until there was just an arm distance between them. He was big as compared to the men she was used to. Then he did something that surprised her. He hugged her.

“Shh..Everything will be alright. What matters now is that you have returned to us, Laura”

She didn’t know what surprised her, the hugging or her being called Laura.

“Why do you call me that? I am not Laura. My name is LILY “

His eyes were filled with anger and he said softly, “No, Lily was the name they fed you. They took you from us, Laura. We have long waited for your return. We’ll take revenge for what they did to our clan. Mark my words Laura. We will take revenge.”