Chapter Two:

Come to me, my love.

The rich voice sounded within her mind, and Laura's pulse jumped. A light shimmered over her head and she peered up, squinting into the brightness. He was dark and exotic. His black mane fell around his wide, bronzed shoulders in a wave and his eyes laughed down at her. Laura tried to reach out for him but she couldn’t move her hands. The man's handsome face saddened. He looked lost and the voice inside her head was filled with longing.

Please come to me…

Before even she could reply, he was gone.

She blinked her eyes rapidly and sighed. It was a dream. A very strange one but it felt so real. She could still smell the slight scent of sandalwood and musk.

She opened her eyes again and this time couldn’t help but let out a gasp when she noticed her surroundings. She got up immediately from the bed and gasped aloud when she saw the room.  The room she was in was filled with dim light; the bed she was laying on had black silk covers. No wonder it felt smooth like satin, there was a full length mirror with golden border at one corner of the room and not to forget the most terrible thing. Instead of a door, it was an intricately carved wrought-iron gate.  The temperature felt cooler than usual. It confirmed her nagging suspicion. She was underground.