Violetta's World

Violetta

Life is a mysterious thing. One moment you think you're doing just fine, and the next....everything just seems to fall apart. 

Perhaps I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. I mean my life so far is pretty great. Fresh out of college, no debts to pay, and living my life as any 21 year old should be. You know, continuously working that 9 to 5 shift...every...single....day. Look, don't get me wrong. Im thankful that I have a job and all, but after all these years I needed freedom... I just  miss my old life, but I guess that's a story worth waiting for.

"Violetta! Are your heads still up in the clouds?!" a one too familiar voice screeched, disturbing my motivational inner speech. "Vilu. I swear to --"

"Hey! It's not nice to swear to God." another interrupted. 

"Well. I'm sorry if I had something important to discuss about Little-Miss-Daydreams' birthday. It's not everyday your best friend turns 22." The girl swung herself back towards me with her enormous puffy eyes. " So Violetta Castillo....what's it to be? A night out drinking, eating out, or playing Escape Room? "

I took a moment to look at the two before I answered. "You know I work 9 to 5 right?"

"And....that means you can't go out after 5?" the man asked. He looked up at me with his glasses shifting a little bit down his nose bridge.

"No, I see how it is Violetta just doesn't want to celebrate her birthday with us. Fine be that way. Be alone on your birthday just like you always are and see if we care." the girl snapped.

"No it's just that I get busy from work sometimes, and it's tiring. 

I walked out of the room and headed out the porch. Usually I ignore the bullcrap talk, but I've had it up to here.....for 17 long years. Anything was better than being in that room.  I looked up at the night sky continuing my thoughts that were once interrupted. 

"Vilu...you know Ludmilla didn't mean what she said." I turned around to see that familiar boy in his glasses. I smiled back at him, knowing he was trying to make peace with me as he always did with every fight I got into with her.

"If only she knew " I spoke under my breath. I shook my head and talked louder. "I know, but that's nothing new." I mumbled as I continued to look at the stars. "It's not why I'm upset though."

"Well if it's not Ludmilla then what is it? Your par--". I shook my head and interrupted him "No. I --. Don't you ever get the feeling that something in your life isn't right?"

"Violetta, that's me 24/7. You're probably just worried that you're growing up." He chuckled.

"I don't think so." I paused for a moment trying to think of how to rephrase my sentence without giving it away. "I...I'm just lost on a path and I don't which way to go anymore."

"You always think like this, but do what you gotta do. Go find destiny, I'm heading to bed, and don't worry I'll make sure Ludmilla apologizes." He replied as he pat my shoulder. 

 I knew I could always count on him to help me sort out my thoughts. Federico had been my best friend since I was five, and was practically my older brother. The loud mouth Ludmilla came into my life three years after I met Federico, and....well you get the relationship. Lots of fighting and bickering, but in the end we both somehow care for each other as good friends. I don't know why but it sort of just happened. 

So yes, I've been stuck with them my whole life, through all the good and bad times. They were always there. They were family...my only family. But it hurts me to know that Ive kept this secret away from them all these years.