Chapter Thirteen

"Race Against Time"

Erza's P.O.V.

Missions are so tiring from time to time... it feels good returning to the guild. Even though we were left with a few people, Fairy Tail still felt like home. At least, I felt it that way, since it was the only home I'd ever known -and remembered. I sighed and wished for everyone to get back to normal and back to us. Despite the fact that we had no authorization to bring the guild back, I knew that all of us still missed the others who were gone.

"Oye, Mira, Gildarts! I'm back!", I shouted while stepping into the guild.

They turned to look at me, white faces made of ash and eyes of glass stared at me. "W- What happened?", I asked, my voice hissing while I breathed out, drowned by the fear in me. They didn't talk; all Mirajane did was staring at me, her eyes watering. "Talk to me, Mira! What went wrong? Gildarts? Someone!", I shouted desperately. It must had been something really awful to freak her out like that.

Her jaw trembled. "The First was here...", she whispered, her chest rushing up and down rapidly. What did that have to do with her ashen expression, she looked as if she'd aged a million years in just one minute.

I glared from her to Gildarts and then back at her but there was no sign that they were going to overcome this shock any minute now. But I wanted answers and I wanted them the very next moment... I hit the table in front of them with my fist to wake at least one of them up.

"N- Natsu came back... and he and Lucy went to the capital to search for our missing members.", Mira spouted. Her gaze seemed empty. "They got info on a couple of wizards that are rumoured to be ours... b- but... I can't!", she cried aloud. I couldn't recall Mirajane crying ever before... except for Lisanna's funeral.

Gildarts gulped down as if something had been stuck into his throat. "Mavis told us that Natsu is somehow related to E.N.D., Erza! She refused to reveal anything more than that but she warned us that when his identity is out...", he stopped to. It took several seconds for me to digest what he'd just said; E.N.D.

"Gray went after E.N.D. with Juvia!", I yelped. The earth crumpled underneath. My stomach fell to my legs burning. "If these two wizards are Gray and Juvia and the First Master proves to be right... they'll kill each other!"

Mirajane nodded. "We will have to do our best to keep those two apart. It's not only that they'll kill each other... with their current status they can annihilate a whole continent!", she added more to the worst case scenario I had already stated.

"No... No, I can't accept that! They're Fairy Tail members and Fairy Tail doesn't hurt its comrades!"

Gildarts breathed out desperate. "If Natsu is that thing... his judgement will be blurred and Gray has given off a vow to his father to kill that very demon.", he muttered and his eyes showed us that he was already watching the great battle in front of him.

I shuddered. "I've got to find Jellal!" My sudden exclamation made them turn to me, curiosity written deep into their gazes. "If Gray's after E.N.D., the only clue he has is Zeref himself, the creator. Jellal and Meldy are after him, too, so, if I get to them, I'll have my chance to slow down the inevitable until things get less tough.", I explained and they nodded.

No need for sleep or rest was strong enough to make me stay there longer. The more I stayed the thinner my chance got. I left the place running... not that I knew where to find Jellal or Meldy but I could try.