Chapter Five

"A Mother's Touch"

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Hime.", I heard Virgo's voice calling out for me. I separated from Natsu and turned to face her. The pink-haired maid smiled at me while bowing. "You have a message from Aquarius, hime.", she announced.

"Aquarius?", I repeated while wondering what it could be.

"She sent me here, because there was no water for her to open her gate. 'Open my gate, little brat, or I'll send you away flying!', she said.", Virgo informed me and left.

Now I was afraid... Aquarius could be very scary, even for me to deal with. What did I do? I shivered thinking of her angry face. I took out her key and looked at it. It hadn't been a very long time since I got it back... it still felt somehow distant to me. What I had to do in order to save them all, what I had to sacrifice was just too much for me.

"Gate of the Water Barrier, I open thy... Aquarius!", I called out putting the key into a bowl of water. I felt the link forming and Aquarius came out. She was as stunning as always. Her beauty could capture anyone's attention within seconds; she gave you the impression she was made out of porcelain.

I felt so happy –maybe relieved- when I saw her. Then I noticed the expression on her face. That face... It was her angry face! I trembled at that very thought. "You summoned me from a bowl? You, little brat!", she yelled at me. Well, I thought she'd be angry, but I had no choice... it wasn't like I had a private lake somewhere near anyway.

"I- It's not a bathtub... this time.", I mumbled trying to defend myself.

Aquarius combed her hair with her hand and sighed. "I want to talk to you...", she said and then looked at Natsu, "...in private.". Her eyes showed a familiar hostility... It was Aquarius after all, she didn't like anyone.

I looked at Natsu. "I'll handle this on my own... please, Natsu!", I asked knowing I was asking for too much. Natsu nodded in consent and left from the window. "Use the door... Geez, Natsu!", I sighed after seeing the scene.

"Now, brat... Are you an idiot or what? You know that your spirits can feel whatever you feel, right? You know, we are able to sense your worries... You've been so worrisome lately, I get a headache! What's wrong with you?", she snapped at me.

How could I answer that? I knew everything that happened to me had an effect on my spirits, but it wasn't like there was something I could do about it. Aquarius sighed pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Tch! You're doing it again... Stop feeling guilty or useless or... what it is that you feel anyway!", she said coldly. I didn't say anything... there was nothing I could say at the moment. "Here you go, brat, you'll make me say it! You're one of the few remaining Celestial Spirit Wizards, in other words your magic is rare and your power is unique. Who can summon as many Celestial Spirits at the same time as you can? Who can summon the Celestial Spirit King? Who has your power? Whose Celestial Spirits care so much for what happens to the owner so that they're given the power to force their doors open? Except for you, who has so much power within their bodies?", she spat out.

I was startled. This was just something I'd never expect, but it didn't sway away all my insecurities. "I am the one you're talking about and I know it, but I'm just useless during a battle and can't do anything on my own.", I insisted.