I love her, Dec.

AN: I had a lot of time to write today 🙊
This is all a work of fiction!! I really love Lisa and I love her and Ant together, so I'm sorry! Just didn't want to be mainstream. 😳

"Is that a black eye?" Dec asked when he saw Ant in the ITV studios. Tonight was another show of Saturday Night Takeaway so they had to be there in the early afternoon for the last rehearsals. "I walked against the cupboard." Ant mumbled and walked to the makeup to let them cover the bruise on his face. Dec took his arm hard, what made him wince in pain. Dec let him go immediately and looked in horror at his best friend's face. "That's not from walking against the cupboard, is it?" He asked whispering. He didn't want to scare his best friend. Ant looked at his feet. "I was really clumsy yesterday, there's nothing serious." Ant mumbled. Dec sighed and walked to his dressing room.

The show went very smoothly, although Dec saw Ant wasn't that spontaneous as he was otherwise. He was sure no one else had noticed though.

"And now you're telling me what's going on." Dec said as he closed the door of Ant's dressing room behind him. "There's nothing going on." Ant said, but he didn't sound so convinced himself. "Is it Lisa?" Dec asked carefully. Ant didn't answer for a moment. "I love her, Dec." Ant said. "One day you're going to wake up, and she's not going to be your first thought, Ant. Someone else will be, someone who actually cares." Dec stated and he walked away, leaving his best friend alone in his dressing room.

The next day Dec was chilling in his couch, watching Marley & Me with Rocky cuddled up against him. And he would not admit it if someone would ask him, but he had cried at the end of the movie. And he had cuddled his dog a little bit more, being really happy he had a dog like his. Suddenly, his phone beeped. The two words on the screen made Dec shiver and all the colour disappeared from his face.

Help me

He didn't even bother to put on shoes before he ran to Ant's house as fast as he could.

Dec had had his keys in his hands already so he could ran inside without delay. He started to panic when he didn't find Ant immediately. Dec ran upstairs, being careful, not knowing whether Lisa was still there. Dec found Ant in his man cave. It looked horrendous. Ant's face was all blood. "I'm here Ant, I'm calling an ambulance." Dec said, still in shock.

"What happened?" Dec asked. The police had interrogated Ant already and Dec was finally allowed to go near his best friend. He was all cleaned up and the bruises started to appear. Ant started to cry silently. "I told Lisa it was over." Ant whispered. Dec took his hand in his and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "I thought about what you said yesterday. About the person you think about when you wake up?" Ant said. His face grimaced when he spoke too fast. He had to be really careful. He was hurt everywhere. "Ssht, don't get too wind up." Dec shushed him and he caressed Ant's hand with his thumb. "I wasn't thinking about Lisa anymore for months when I woke up." Ant admitted. Dec's heart started racing. "It's you who pops in my head the first thing in the morning, it's you who's in my head all day and night." Ant said. "You're right, you really care about me and I love you. I love you so much." Ant whispered, speaking as slow as he could manage. Dec put his finger carefully on Ant's lips, not wanting to hurt him. "I love you too." Dec said affectionately. "But I'm not kiss you, cause you'll be hurt." He smiled. He took Ant's hand and kissed his fingers. "I'm going to take care of you, pet." Dec promised and Ant smiled.

"Welcome home." Dec smiled as he led Ant inside his house. Rocky and Hurley both ran to their owners. "Hurley!" Ant said enthusiastically. "I asked Ali to get him. She took care of the dogs while you were in the hospital, while we were in the hospital." Dec said. Ant turned around and hugged Dec carefully. "Come on, in bed you. I'll bring you a cup of tea." Dec said and he pecked Ant softly on his cheek. As Ant went upstairs, Dec made two cups of tea. When he entered the bedroom, he saw Ant was already fast asleep. Dec put down the two cups and sat down on the bed. He pecked Ant's forehead. "I'm never going to let anyone hurt you ever again. I promise." He whispered and he fell asleep next to the man he could call his boyfriend now.