Chapter 11; Temptress

I usually have stuff to say before a chapter, but I don't think I have anything to say except that I am sorry for anyone who was waiting for an update and I hope that you enjoy.😊🃏💕

-PRESENT DAY; JULY 11TH, 2016-

"I am here reporting live from right outside of Gotham at Blackgate Penitentiary where there was a massive prison break. At approximately 11:56 at night, a time bomb went off near the back of the prison. As of now, the suspect is unknown. Speculation is circulating that it may have been the Joker because of the one prisoner that was broken out, yet there is no evidence. The police have no released security footage and I have been told that that is because footage has been manipulated almost beyond repair." The news reporter walks to the right of the screen and the camera pans to follow her. As the camera pans, other reporters from different news stations report the same thing, saying similar things."Here I have one of the few alive officers who got caught in the crossfire, Officer Jacob Henson who is also very lucky to be alive. Is there anything you have to say about the incident?"

The camera pans down to him as the reporter shoves the microphone in his face along with at least half a dozen others as he laid there in the stretcher, a dazed yet pained look on his face. He looks up at her and all the other reporters, his eyes glossy. "The prisoner that escaped...she's dangerous. I was the only officer who could be around her. She had every other officer wrapped around her pinkie finger. She's enchanting. Like Medusa. Like a...temptress." He says, somewhat monotonous, despite the slightly frightened and slightly pained tone in his voice.

"You heard it here first." The reporter turns to the camera, a hint of excitement lighting up her eyes. This was one of the most major stories reported since the out coming of Joker and she was the lucky newswoman who got to report it. A mugshot of Athena shows up on the left side of the screen as the reporter begins to speak again. "There is a new villain on the loose and her name is Temptress. If you have any information on where the Temptress may be, please ca-"

She is abruptly interrupted as the microphone is suddenly yanked out of her hand. The cameraman quickly pans down to Henson, a distant and eery look in his eye. "If you see her, don't approach her. Don't look her in the eye. Don't call whatever hotline these reporters give you. She is dangerous. If my warning isn't enough, maybe this will be enough; She is the Joker's and she is just as insane as him."

-ATHENA-

I turned the television off, falling back onto Sebastian's king sized bed that he had let me sleep in for the night. I had expected to be upset about this whole situation, but I could not find remorse. My heart began to do somersaults and it seemed to be rejoicing over the fact that I had been officially classified as a villain, that I was now infamous among the citizens of Gotham. I guess this had shown how I really felt. I was the Temptress. Also, apparently, I was the Jokers.

No one suspected Sebastian of anything. Actually, he may be the last person that anyone suspects. I feel as though outside of me and his new "crew", no one knew he was insane or that it had been my fault.

The bedroom door opens and I reflexively sit up. I watch Sebastian walk into the room smoothly as though he were floating on a cloud, his hands shoved in his pockets. The look on his face was blissful, much different from the crazed look on his face when he had broken me out of Blackgate or when he showed up at my hotel room and found out that Joker was taking me back. His hair was neatly slicked back and his entire outfit looked freshly ironed. It only had been at least 12 hours, more or less, and he already straightened himself out, all because he'd finally gotten what he wanted, all because I was here.