Chapter 87 - Future Hairdresser

{ NIAL POV }

Tessa wakes up numerous times, a thin layer of sweat covered her and matted her hair. She jolts awake again, a scream escaping her lips before broken sobs. I wrap my arms tightly around her, kissing her forehead. Her body turned into jelly against me, sinking into me. My poor, broken girl. She settled to sleep not long before she wakes up again. This time, I wake her up, keeping her awake. I didn't want her to suffer through nightmares, it pained me to watch.

"Tess, I think you should stay awake." I tell her, squeezing her.

She doesn't reply, her eyes still shut.

"Princess." She hums slightly, her head moving.

"Wake up." I nudge her, forcing her to stand up.

She moaned in annoyance, her body leaning onto mine.

"C'mon, lets go." I chuckle, helping her walk.

"I'm tired."

"Yeah, but sleeping isn't doing you no good."

"It is Niall!" She protested in annoyance.

"I know you have lack of sleep but it hurts to watch you have these nightmares." I tell her honestly.

"We'll leave Tiara sleeping." I tell her, guiding her to the living room.

"I'm making myself a sandwich, do you want one?" I ask her.

"Erm, no Thankyou." She smiles weakly as I walk over to the kitchen area of the hotel.

Tessa goes and sits on the sofa, I am soon engrossed in the art of sandwich making to see what Tessa was up to. Half way cutting my sandwich, I hear Tessa scream, followed after sobs. I run into the living room to see she had fallen asleep and gained herself another nightmare.

"It's okay, I'm here." I say, rubbing her back soothingly.

"It feels so real." She cries, holding onto me for dear life.

"I know, I wish I could help stop it."

I soon leave her, going back and quickly cutting my sandwich and seating myself next to Tessa once more. She took glances at my sandwich then back to her fingers, fiddling around.

"Take it if you want it." I offer her, placing the plate on her lap.

She stares at it a bit longer before taking the sandwich and taking a small bite. I knew it was hard for her to eat, yet here she was, eyes shut and forcing herself to eat a sandwich. A tear slips down her cheek as she swallowed.

"I can't do it, I'll get fat."

"You won't, you're too skinny for that."

She takes another small bite, chewing slowly and carefully.

"You can have the rest." She offered, handing me the sandiwich.

"No, you. It's yours now." I chuckled.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered, taking another small bite. I don't know if the sorry was towards me or herself so I decided against responding.

My phone beeped as I reached over and grabbed it.

When are you free to meet up? *

I make sure Tessa wasn't looking before responding quickly.

"Who are you texting?" Tessa asked, she had eaten about a quarter now. I was so proud of her but I didn't want to say anything as that would sound like I'm patronising her.