Fifth

He kisses her the day after the ball celebrating the the princess' birthday, which is nearly half a year from when she and Prince Zen were married. Ryu still hasn't arrived to work because someone finally managed to get him drunk the night before, so it's just the two of them in the work room.
Shirayuki at her desk, scribbling away at a journal and Obi lounging in the warm afternoon sun.
He hopes Ryu is having a thoroughly massive hangover, Obi thinks as he watches her flip through a few books before resuming her writing. It's quiet and peaceful.
He watches the sun filter through the trees and cast dancing shadows over the both of them, how her hair blazes red gold in the light, and his chest tightens and calms and pounds all at the same time.
"Shirayuki," he says.
She promptly stops writing to stare at him.
"W-what?"
"Shirayuki," he says again. He's sitting up now, looking down at her, watching as her lips part and her cheeks turn rosy and her eyes full of warmth and something he's never even dreamed he would see.
"Yes." Her voice is soft and breathless and he thinks he's never been more alive than right now.
"Shirayuki," he breathes. He cradles her face in his hands and lets out a shaky sigh, presses forehead to forehead and now he is unbearably nervous because this is Shirayuki.
"Yes, that's my name," she says with a soft giggle.
And just like that his anxiety melts away and when he kisses her he can feel her smile against his lips and he can't stop himself from smiling back at her.